Lt. Commander
# 21
07-01-2010, 12:26 PM
The guy has been with the same company for 7 years...I remember him from CoH days for crying out loud...

This isn't a bad sign :p How many of you have had the same job for 7 years+? How many would like to have financial security enough to take time off with your family?

Jeez, that's like saying when another company buys up some high level exec from another company that the company he left must be going under :p

I'M THE CONSPIRACY THEORIST! Stop taking my thunder! I'm the one that's supposed to be saying the sky is falling darnnit! Even I'M not concerned about this...

Good luck Craig! I'm glad you were the STO EP instead of Roper *bleh* and I'm glad to see Stahl will be taking the lead!
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Epic? How is this epic? It's like the rats are deserting a sinking ship!

STO isn't even six months old yet and we've lost Gozer, Phoxe and now Zinc. Yeah, everyone hitting the lifeboats trying to keep from being the last one out and thus having to be the one to turn the lights off.

I'd certainly call it something alright, epic isn't the word I'd choose though.
Oh Duck Hawk, your diatribes never cease to amaze me at times.
Lt. Commander
# 23
I have to agree it is sad to see Zinc go. But judging from the wording of the good bye message this sounds more like a personal decision than a professional one as someone stated earlier. Either way we got Dstahl in charge now who has been our voice in the forums and providing us with all the awesome engineering reports. So best of luck to Zinc and Dstahl. As ThomastheCat would say...Foward to Victory!
Lt. Commander
# 24
We're gonna miss you, Zinc. Thanks for bringing Star Trek Online to where it is today.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
You know that I only post here to entertain you, sweetie.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Most major changes in leadership happen within the first 6 months a game launches. So while I am not necessarily surprised, I must say that it is certainly a sad thing to see Zinc go. While it does not look like a game reason in resigning (wanting to spend more time with a growing family is a noble thing), it could merely be a PR spin - However I highly doubt it based on the character of many cryptic employees.

The question is what direction will DStahl take the game, that is where my ultimate concern lies. Either way I am confident that the mantel of leadership is not too heavy, but fits comfortably on our new god of the game

edit: good lord, two pages of growth between starting to write and hitting submit
Lt. Commander
# 27

Well I wish you the best of luck, Craig. We'll be lookiing out for you in B'tran.
I do share your confidence in dstahl, though. I'm sure he'll take the game where it needs to go just as you did.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Best of luck and congratulations to DStahl.

Live long and prosper.

Hey, STO subscribers expressing concern, curiosity, and yes, the expected snarkiness and lamentations of doom:

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. - Grouch Marx
Lt. Commander
# 29
Best of luck to ya!
7 years is a long time, and everyone needs a change of pace from time to time.

And congrats Daniel
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
LOL you sir, win the internetz.
Closed Thread