Lt. Commander
# 1 Craig Zinkievich has left STO!
07-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Rekhan actually made the announcement here, but because of the blandly worded thread title, many people may not have noticed.

Is anyone here, besides me, concerned about the Executive Producer jumping ship this early STO's lifecycle?

If he's really a trekkie, as he's always claimed, you'd think that he'd give an arm and a leg just to stay on the project.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2010, 12:31 PM
maybe (just maybe) your putting more into it then there is?

sometimes people move on for personal reasons. maybe his family became more important then 24/7 trek work.

just sayin...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Post expired
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Not really too concerned.
Sounds to me more that he is retiring or taking a short hiatus for personal reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
maybe (just maybe) your putting more into it then there is?

sometimes people move on for personal reasons. maybe his family became more important then 24/7 trek work.

just sayin...
When the executive producer, who's always claimed that he loves the IP, quits less than 6 months after the game launch, you don't think that might be a sign that things are going on in the behind the scenes that we don't know about?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Rekhan actually made the announcement here, but because of the blandly worded thread title, many people may not have noticed.

Is anyone here, besides me, concerned about the Executive Producer jumping ship this early STO's lifecycle?

If he's really a trekkie, as he's always claimed, you'd think that he'd give an arm and a leg just to stay on the project.
Well and arm or a leg yes but who wouldnt want to spend more time with the family instead of working if you could? not saying that it couldnt be other things behind it though
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:

no matter what some people are just going to see things in a bad light...i for one am not one of those people...i wish him well for whatever reasons he is leaving and will continue to support this game no matter who is at the helm
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:

I personally would never sacrifice my kids, my wife... not even my goat and bees. Nothing is with that kind of sacrifice.

Quote:
When the executive producer, who's always claimed that he loves the IP, quits less than 6 months after the game launch, you don't think that might be a sign that things are going on in the behind the scenes that we don't know about?
You really need to get over this. He left CRYPTIC for a break from 7 straight years of being the company's heavy lifter. It is called a sabbatical and is a personal leave of absence. The man needs an extended break. This has nothing to do with STO itself and everything to do with Zink's sanity. Give it a break, seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
maybe he has a life?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I've seen guys take vacations before, heck I've even taken vacations before myself. Since when does a guy have to give up his job to take a vacation?

This isn't just Craig taking a vacation. He's leaving STO and Cryptic and may or may not be coming back.

Now maybe that'll turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing, or maybe it won't have any noticeable effect at all. But it does make me wonder.