Lt. Commander
# 11
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Gozer left as well.

This is a disturbing trend.

They had better stay alive long enough to cost out the lifetime many of us purchased. As it is, this feels like Cryptic is in over their heads, is struggling to get a handle on things and make ends meet, and so it starting to cut its team down to what it can have at a bare minimum to keep STO online. The creation of the Galaxy X seems like desperation to me. I smell failure in the wind.

Another Star Trek game is biting the dust.

Sigh...

Well, this was the last time I was willing to let any MMOG try to rope me in. If it fails (which it is), I will never play another MMOG again. Too much time and effort invested for something to just fall apart, rendering all that money you spend moot.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
This isn't just Craig taking a vacation. He's leaving STO and Cryptic and may or may not be coming back.
That is just not true, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc View Post
OMG! I got fired!? My wife’s gonna be ****ed! Wait – I’m still posting here, with my dev account, that must mean that I still love the game and maybe what I wrote in the SotG is all there is to the story…

-Zn
You do not know anything about his personal life and what may have led up to him taking a sabbatical. Stop with the doom-saying. You are making a fool of yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
You do not know anything about his personal life and what may have led up to him taking a sabbatical. Stop with the doom-saying. You are making a fool of yourself.
He is leaving STO, and he is leaving Cryptic.

He also may or may not be coming back. This is also true.

And I'm really unconcerned if you think me a fool. Your opinion means less than nothing to me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:

And I'm really unconcerned if you think me a fool. Your opinion means less than nothing to me.
you obviously are only scanning any of the official and informal info on this issue.

A value less than nothing actually has a defined value. Though it may be a negative value it is still more than nothing. I mean more to you than you realize
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:

Just as your continual rants and doomsaying are less and less meaningful with every keystroke. From looking at your posts all these months you must read DOOM into your breakfast cereal and see imminent failure for -something- at every turn! -READ- what Zinc has said, -READ- what dstahl has said and GET. A. FRAKKIN'. GRIP!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
When the executive producer, who's always claimed that he loves the IP, quits less than 6 months after the game launch, you don't think that might be a sign that things are going on in the behind the scenes that we don't know about?
So if I am understanding you right, the man should forget about the important things in life - like his wife and kids - just so he can stay on STO because he is a "trekkie"?

Might want to adjust the tinfoil hat down a notch or twenty...
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Crypic, can I have your fax number to send my resume' to???
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
its not uncommon to human resources getting reassigned in a business.

STO is out. What has to be done now is maintenance and building upon what is there.

His time is probably better spent on a new project. Just saying.

Its a company after all. needs to stay focused on the whole business part.

And sometimes people decide their time is spent better at other places, projects etc.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Seriously guys, if you want to have a good look at an MMO that is doomed then pop over to the Pirates of the Burning Sea forums and see what a true doomed MMO looks like.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Zinc should have posted:
"We've made so much money on the C-Store I've decided to sail around the world on my new boat."
Just to hear the screams of outrage...