Lt. Commander
# 251
07-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeleca
Doesn't matter what they said in the thread. It was not stated in their email or the store that it was excluded and by north Carolina consumer protection law that is what matters. Even if it was a misprint it must be honored.
then you had better check the store section of the main site, cause it stills say ship costumes at the top.
Lt. Commander
# 252
07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
lol 2000 points for a ship...
Lt. Commander
# 253
07-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidalwave0082 View Post
then you had better check the store section of the main site, cause it stills say ship costumes at the top.
It has been amended, fortunately I take screenshots when I make online purchases.
Lt. Commander
# 254
07-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
It has been amended, fortunately I take screenshots when I make online purchases.

that's fine, but the store part of the website has said the words "ship costumes" since the Galaxy-X was added, which was the same time the sale began.
Lt. Commander
# 255
07-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Doesn't matter what they said in the thread. It was not stated in their email or the store that it was excluded and by north Carolina consumer protection law that is what matters. Even if it was a misprint it must be honored.
/ agreed
Lt. Commander
# 256
07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Well, feel free to take them to court over $5 worth of Cryptic points. Even if you file it as a class action suit, I'm *sure* you'll come out ahead after you've paid your attorney. That's assuming you can find one that doesn't black out because he's laughing at you so hard.
Lt. Commander
# 257
07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowself
Well, feel free to take them to court over $5 worth of Cryptic points. Even if you file it as a class action suit, I'm *sure* you'll come out ahead after you've paid your attorney. That's assuming you can find one that doesn't black out because he's laughing at you so hard.
Actually it costs most nothing, you simply file a complaint with your Attorney General and if they determine that fraud or misleading advertisement exists the Attorney Generals office will act on your behalf to rectify the situation or recover compensation, and possibly seek compensation for all affected in their respective state.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 258
07-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Umm, neither is or the TOS Constitution Class are discounted because neither is a 'ship's costume' - they are both actual, and claimable ships with some unique 'powers' built into them (extra slot and specioal phasers for the TOS Constitution; and the 'Phaser Lance' and Cloaking Device on the Galaxy-X.

So, since neither of them are a 'ship's costume', neither qulifies for the 20% off. Since they usually have a sale every U.S. holiday, I'd wait for the next '20% off everything' sale - or if they start 'rotating' the sale items, i'm sure '20% off the two special ships' will hit one holiday soon.
Lt. Commander
# 259
07-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Why only ship skins? Why not give everything a discount like all the previous sales?
My speculation is they are probably going to release them to the GP or price drop them.

Reason I bought my points with a Credit Card. 60 days to dispute.... And so far, then have yet NOT to side with me.

Would not mind if Cryptic played nice, but so far I trust them like I would trust a petaphile with my children.

Blakinik
Lt. Commander
# 260 OMG....enough
07-06-2010, 07:54 PM
You guys are still arguing about this?

Its NOT a "skin" so its not on discount.

They can put whatever they feel like on sale or not.

If it cost too much for you don't buy it. I spend $25 easy on a night out if not more and have LESS to show for it afterward.

It is NOT an all powerful craft. Not even close.

Either play the game or not. No one cares if you don't. Enough people has the "maturity" to know this is a game and to have fun with it.

Cryptic would NEVER make this game so unbalanced as to be unplayable. No MMO company would and still think they could be viable.

If things were fair the Bird of Prey wouldn't be as powerful as it still is.

This game is MORE about the Federation than anything else. Star Trek has ALWAYS been thus. Klingon, Romulan or any other playable race or what they can or can't do comparatively is just gravy.

These are the facts.

So deal with it. Now go and PLAY the game instead of spending time here.