Lt. Commander
# 11
07-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
Where does it say 2000 Cryptic Points? I don't see it anywhere so I don't know where you're getting that figure from. For what it's worth, the TOS Enterprise was 800 so I don't see how this is insulting compared to that. To be clear, I'm not doubting your on the 2000 points but I can't see where you found it. Links? It isn't shown in game to me or on the site..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
It's priced at 2,000 Cryptic Points.
source

for the 10 char god
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
source

for the 10 char god
Many thanks kind sir / madam / alien.

2000 sounds like a lot compared to everything else on the store but it's a unique ship, not a costume. Like the TOS Constitution Enterprise it's not a kitbash. Whether or not you think it's worth the cost is a personal thing, I just think it's in line with what they are asking for the (currently) only other unique ship.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Many thanks kind sir / madam / alien.
Horta unicorn hybrid.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
2000 sounds like a lot compared to everything else on the store but it's a unique ship, not a costume. Like the TOS Constitution Enterprise it's not a kitbash. Whether or not you think it's worth the cost is a personal thing, I just think it's in line with what they are asking for the (currently) only other unique ship.
The difference is that the other unique ship is actually better than the one in game. You have another engine console slot and phasers that level with you. The Galaxy-X has a cloak, its phaser lance and can equip dual cannons, however it pays with a low turn rate that makes the cannons pretty much useless, the phaser lance only good for first strikes and fewer weapon and tactical console slots than the normal assault cruiser. So you're paying 25 $ for style while nerfing yourself. I would've paid up to 15 $ because I really love the Galaxy-X, but everything higher is crazy. I could be convinced to pay 20 $ if they increased the turn rate to the level of the Negh'Var-class and added another tactical console slot. But at the moment: Hail to the Sovereign, Baby!
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
The difference is that the other unique ship is actually better than the one in game. You have another engine console slot and phasers that level with you. The Galaxy-X has a cloak, its phaser lance and can equip dual cannons, however it pays with a low turn rate that makes the cannons pretty much useless, the phaser lance only good for first strikes and fewer weapon and tactical console slots than the normal assault cruiser. So you're paying 25 $ for style while nerfing yourself. I would've paid up to 15 $ because I really love the Galaxy-X, but everything higher is crazy. I could be convinced to pay 20 $ if they increased the turn rate to the level of the Negh'Var-class and added another tactical console slot. But at the moment: Hail to the Sovereign, Baby!
I love it how a good amount of people think it is a uber ship that is going to pwn us all.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Yeah, paying 225 $ for a virtual item is a completely normal course of action, and playing the game with other people has to be a horrible pain. And people don't complain because it's too much. They complain because the Galaxy-X simply isn't worth it.
That's not what the op stated read it again. as far as playing the game with other people yes its such a joy spending hours answering questions being at peoples beck and call dropping whatever it was I was doing to help them with things to try to keep them ingame so i could get my ship
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
I love it how a good amount of people think it is a uber ship that is going to pwn us all.
Hehe, to be fair, if people say Galaxy-X they instantly think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UspfD...eature=related
Just wait until the Endgame Intrepid is released. It will have an ablative hull armor generator that gives damage reduction and tractor immunity for 20 seconds and people will act as if it had permanent metaphasic shielding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
That's not what the op stated read it again. as far as playing the game with other people yes its such a joy spending hours answering questions being at peoples beck and call dropping whatever it was I was doing to help them with things to try to keep them ingame so i could get my ship
He didn't state it, but that's the core of the matter. The Galaxy-X isn't worth more than the game itself. And if it was that hard to keep your friends ingame maybe they didn't like it and shouldn't have played it at all? And you tried to keep them there just because you wanted your ship? Well.....
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Hehe, to be fair, if people say Galaxy-X they instantly think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UspfD...eature=related
Just wait until the Endgame Intrepid is released. It will have an ablative hull armor generator that gives damage reduction and tractor immunity for 20 seconds and people will act as if it had permanent metaphasic shielding.
Wait they are adding that?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Wait they are adding that?
It's not announced, but it's the next logical step, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
Am I before launch people were posting to get this ship in game cryptic gives them a way to get it by doing the raf, then they start crying I don't have 5 friends blah blah blah so cryptic puts it on the cstore and now people are crying it's too expensive. How is my statement ridiculous some people bought their ship for 225 dollars others spent hours of their time talking to people to recruit them then hours in game helping them. Now you can get it for a lousy 25 bucks and you're crying it's too much. I think my post sums it up pretty well. Have a coke and a smile
Well I think there is a good reason for all this complaining.
The Galaxy-X is just a slightly different ship in a game full of ships.

The Galaxy-X is not worth the trouble of recruiting 5 people and then baby sitting them for a month.
The Galaxy-X is not worth 25 dollars.

They are releasing other ships of the same power level, the Galaxy-X is a sample at best.

The only argument I would dismiss is the people who hate the fact that the C-Store exists in the first place.