Lt. Commander
# 31 hey thanks for sharing
07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyto View Post
Theres nothing micro about that. Perhaps its a test, and if "successful" they'll just stop releasing "free" content and put everything on the C-store.
While still charging subscription fees.
interesting. could come to that, but if they did they should change over to a f2p setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
Though if they don't charge a rather hefty price there would be a whole new round of uproar from those that got it through the referal program, even though those people would be able to buy it three or four times with the C-points they were given as compensation.
true, but remember these folks either 1. got folks ot join, 2. spent money out of their pocket. Cryptic changed it in midstream and did what they thought best to compensate those that had spent money/time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
I say it again either people are too lazy or cheap to do whats required to get what they want now we'll have a million threads about how it should be cheaper
Only twice we recieved 4000 cpoints as compensation
personal observation, your entitled to it. I dont agree with it, but that is my perogative as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Yeah, paying 225 $ for a virtual item is a completely normal course of action, and playing the game with other people has to be a horrible pain. And people don't complain because it's too much. They complain because the Galaxy-X simply isn't worth it.
*nods* noted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I love it how a good amount of people think it is a uber ship that is going to pwn us all.
yeah.. no, in pvp FvF i fought some, was not diff then fighting a neghvar. *shrugs* its turn rate was slower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
Well I think there is a good reason for all this complaining.
The Galaxy-X is just a slightly different ship in a game full of ships.
The Galaxy-X is not worth the trouble of recruiting 5 people and then baby sitting them for a month.
The Galaxy-X is not worth 25 dollars.
They are releasing other ships of the same power level, the Galaxy-X is a sample at best.
The only argument I would dismiss is the people who hate the fact that the C-Store exists in the first place.
pesonal opinion noted, hey thanks for shareing , something to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie1961
Twenty five bucks for a make believe spaceship in a video game? That's funny and sad at the same time. I think it should be named the U.S.S. Suckerprizer.
give that man a cigar!
Lt. Commander
# 32 Restricted?
07-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Why does the ship come up restricted for purchase in the c-store?
Lt. Commander
# 33 hahahah
07-02-2010, 11:51 AM
did any of you think that this wasnt a money scheme in the first place. well the jokes on you guys really. its always been about money. from the 1st day the game was rolled out. Half content, half game play but oh look at the store have so much junk to buy oh such a wonderful store. i can only laugh lofl
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-02-2010, 02:14 PM
I think $25 is a pretty steep price for fluff DLC, but Cryptic is hardly the innovator here.

Both WOW and Everquest 2 have had $25 endgame vanity items for a while now.

If you want to blame anyone for the price of the Galaxy-X, blame the 100000+ WOW players who proved that $25 wasn't too high a price for a sparkling space pony.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGTC
Good that the price is high!
I don't want to see everyone and their dog fly around in a Galaxy X.
it should haven't been in the c store anyways. all i have seen today is the galaxy x. I mean is there anyone still flying there sci ship or there normal cruiser?
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
2000 Cryptic points is not as much as buying 5 copies of the game with 5 subscriptions. However, it is prohibitively expensive enough to push people to recruit new players and get it for free.

If people absolutely have to have it now they can buy it, but I think Cryptic would prefer us to recruit new players. This is not supposed to be a ship that is required to be competitive in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylen View Post
it should haven't been in the c store anyways. all i have seen today is the galaxy x. I mean is there anyone still flying there sci ship or there normal cruiser?
*raises hand*
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-02-2010, 03:16 PM
i think the difference between a typical tier 5 and the g-x isn't so far off.

If you decloak and open it up on an enemy from 10 k away you've got a helluva and alpha with the lance and the decloaking attack buff on top of dual cannons. In PvE you're a beast, maybe not so much in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-02-2010, 04:31 PM
2000 points is fair and just price, anything less would be an insult.

Referr 5 players = get 2000 C-Points free + Galaxy X free.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
2000 points is fair and just price, anything less would be an insult.

Referr 5 players = get 2000 C-Points free + Galaxy X free.
Tell that to the CO lifers. The MU unis should have been just as much, but nope. They're in the game for 280CP. THAT'S an insult.