Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if theres a way to install Tribble in a different place to where the live game files are kept on your hard drive ? The reason I want this is because my main os drive runs on a 32GB SSD and I've also installed sto on that drive. However I dont have enough space for both installs on the drive so if I could do that it would really help.

I know I could install sto on my second drive and run it from there but I want to see if theres a way to do this first. If anyone can help id really appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow! You must have gotten pretty inventive to install your OS and STO to a 32GB SSD. I have a 32GB SSD and I could barely get Windows 7 on it after stripping out all the extra garbage that comes with it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-02-2010, 12:18 AM
500GB drives can be found rather cheap at a Wal Mart or on Newegg.com. I bought mine from Wally world at $80. I suggest you try that for a second drive install option.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-02-2010, 12:22 AM
From what I understand, you need both installed to the same hard-drive.

I'd PM coderanger. He's quite familiar with the compiling/patcher/install settings for Cryptic's games.

Either that or contact tech support.

I think you'll need to reinstall STO to a new drive. You might experience diminished performance though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-02-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synther View Post
Wow! You must have gotten pretty inventive to install your OS and STO to a 32GB SSD. I have a 32GB SSD and I could barely get Windows 7 on it after stripping out all the extra garbage that comes with it.
Lookup hyberfil.sys and turning it off and set your pagefile on another drive then turn it off for your c drive. If you need a bit more specific help pm me and ill ryglady write a guide for you
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitageman View Post
500GB drives can be found rather cheap at a Wal Mart or on Newegg.com. I bought mine from Wally world at $80. I suggest you try that for a second drive install option.
Look underneath my avatar no walmarts here .

Yeah I have a 2nd 1.5tb drive but I want to run sto on the ssd for the extra performance.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrayman View Post
Look underneath my avatar no walmarts here .

Yeah I have a 2nd 1.5tb drive but I want to run sto on the ssd for the extra performance.
well you mite have to deal with test center being slower. or you can whip the thing, and put the OS on the 1.5TB hard drive.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-02-2010, 12:37 AM
I had one installation on each drive. However they were both the normal one. One was also an accident. Both worked though.

I had a fresh install on top of Steam installing it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
From what I understand, you need both installed to the same hard-drive.

I'd PM coderanger. He's quite familiar with the compiling/patcher/install settings for Cryptic's games.

Either that or contact tech support.

I think you'll need to reinstall STO to a new drive. You might experience diminished performance though.
Thanks I might try that
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
well you mite have to deal with test center being slower. or you can whip the thing, and put the OS on the 1.5TB hard drive.
Yeah I wouldnt mind the test centre being slow but no way for the main game .