Lt. Commander
# 41
07-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
If "seasons" of weekly missions are 4-5 weeks, I'd imagine that your description would be an entire season.
I'm just thinking more about additional mechanics that could appear at any time, instead of something scripted.

In essence there's only three mechanics:
Disease
Finding the cure
New missions to deal with the symptoms.

Could easily throw other faction missions in at the same time. Such as a Klingon PVP mission to capture an infected Federation player in PVP, to try to weaponize the disease.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
The minute Cryptic starts putting in PvP-only rewards and systems, especially if they seem vital or are better than what's available to PvE gameplay, I will start complaining, and so will a lot of other players.
You mean like the marks you only get for completing PvP daily missions that you can use at K7 to buy some of the best gear in the game?

Personally I'd like to see them remove the daily PvP mission, or at the very least make it only "Into The Fray". It's not much fun having to suffer through the average PvP'ers ego (especially those who post on the forums about how they and their fleet are the best in the game lol) just to get some marks so you can buy the top gear needed to make it through the STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
You mean like the marks you only get for completing PvP daily missions that you can use at K7 to buy some of the best gear in the game?

Personally I'd like to see them remove the daily PvP mission, or at the very least make it only "Into The Fray". It's not much fun having to suffer through the average PvP'ers ego (especially those who post on the forums about how they and their fleet are the best in the game lol) just to get some marks so you can buy the top gear needed to make it through the STFs.
You don't need top gear to get through the STFs.

I didn't even have purples when I made it through Infected.