Lt. Commander
# 1 C-store Letdown
07-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Anyone get the Email yet promoting the July 4th C-store sale?

I was just reading it in my inbox. It has a paragraph and picture of the Galaxy X and says it is in the C-store.

I quote: "And new to the store is the super desirable Dreadnought Galaxy! Best known from the Next Generation series finale, All Good Things, the Dreadnought Galaxy is unique."

So, I log into the game and check the C-store... It isn't there yet.

Honestly, why mention it in an Email when it is most certainly NOT available yet. The note in the Email should have stated "And coming to the store..."

Bummer. I don't think it will be the "Game Changing" ship others worry about. But I like it and wanted to purchase it.

Cryptic: please don't send Email about something until it is ACTUALLY up for sale. Thank you...
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Cryptic is on pacific time.......be patient....
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-02-2010, 05:26 AM
As a general rule, stuff NEVER shows up in the c-store until after the time they list a sale as starting, which I recall is 10am PST. Thats around 1pm EST and 6pm GMT(I think its still +5...) So far since launch I cannot recall seeing items appear earlier than this. Think of it like waiting for a new Iphone or a bestselling book. You cannot get it before the date and time they tell you that you can.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-02-2010, 05:26 AM
On the contrary, I don't believe this to be impatience. I checked my Email, saw the message, checked the C-store.

If they weren't going to make this available until Pacific standard time, they should have waited to send the Email. That is really my point. Don't advertise something that isn't there...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-02-2010, 05:27 AM
i must disagree with you it is in the c store and it was in the c store when you recieved your email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Costume Pack: The Next Generation
(280 Cryptic Points)
Boldly go in uniforms inspired by Star Trek: The Next Generation! With these costumes and a Galaxy-class cruiser, you'll be exploring the stars in true 1701-D style! Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-02-2010, 05:28 AM
wait, didn't the e-mail say when the sale was going to start... and didn't it also hint that the ship would be there for the sale...

hmmm
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla
On the contrary, I don't believe this to be impatience. I checked my Email, saw the message, checked the C-store.

If they weren't going to make this available until Pacific standard time, they should have waited to send the Email. That is really my point. Don't advertise something that isn't there...
Again I point out the email states when the sale starts, BTW I should also tell you that the Galaxy-X is excluded from the 20% as well. It also costs....quite a few Cpoints.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla

When you see an ad on TV today about a 4th of July sale going on at one of your local department stores and the ad says "starting midnight Saturday" are you going to get all angry at that store when you drive there at 2 in the afternoon on Friday and they tell you sorry but the sale doesn't start for another 10 hours?

Each ad you encounter, whether on tv, radio, or in print of some type requires a minimum amount of comprehension on the part of the consumer to understand what they ad is saying. You failed that entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-02-2010, 06:29 AM
they announced times and dates in the first few lines of text..... That means checking before that is useless.... I know reading is hard, but this really tops it off....
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-02-2010, 06:36 AM
maybe its just me but it pretty obvious, but then im used to when they actually put the items in the c-store, so i knew from my time zone and previous experience of when items go in that it would not be ready yet.

even though the e-mail is worded badly its not something to get bent out of shape over.