Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Ground pvp needs help
07-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Ground pvp has died off atleast when I am online. I love the ground combat in this game and I will say that it needs something to give people incentive to play the ground combat.

Current conditions just are not enough to make people want to que up for it and that leaves me and a very few others lost in the que for hours and sometimes never get in the ground combat for days.

This is a bummer for me for I love the ground game! I would love to see more ground pvp dailies put in and less of the capture and holds wich usually dominate the pvp daily.

Please revitalize the ground game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Hate to say this. If i wasn't OCD about making all the bold threads, not bold (i.e. read). I wouldn't of even clicked on this post. Ground PVP is so bad, I don't even like looking at forum threads about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
Hate to say this. If i wasn't OCD about making all the bold threads, not bold (i.e. read). I wouldn't of even clicked on this post. Ground PVP is so bad, I don't even like looking at forum threads about it.
That is just your take on it and does not represent everyones view on ground pvp. Ground pvp is very fun! I love it but there isn't enough to it to make people actually que up for it above ship combat.

They need to reduce the amount of kills needs to win and make other areans. And increase the rewards for it so people will actually play it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelenan View Post
This is a bummer for me for I love the ground game! I would love to see more ground pvp dailies put in and less of the capture and holds wich usually dominate the pvp daily.
Arena - Ghost Ship, Assimilated Cruiser, Deserted Facility

Capture & Hold/Assault - Shanty Town

War Zone - Otha

Forcing people to do space or ground for their daily is not the answer. Choice is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Getting rid of pbkb shields and making the match length not suck would go a long way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Hold/knockback immunities should definitely be put in. It sucks getting held-knockbacked-held again-KB again and then wake up dead. It doesn't always happen, but it shouldn't ever happen.

Focus fire isn't fun either (the act not the tac skill), and there is no ground RSP to counter it.

I generally enjoy ground PVP when that stuff doesn't happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
Arena - Ghost Ship, Assimilated Cruiser, Deserted Facility

Capture & Hold/Assault - Shanty Town

War Zone - Otha

Forcing people to do space or ground for their daily is not the answer. Choice is a good thing.
I was just making a sudgestion to help to increase participation. It may not have been a good 1 though. Just trying to make aware that there ia a great need to improve it so people will participate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Try hanging out in Otha, sometimes you can catch people in there to kill in 1v1 situations. Otherwise you're right, it's a very long wait to get into a match, and even if it starts, the match will be uneven (5v1).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 Agreed
07-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
Try hanging out in Otha, sometimes you can catch people in there to kill in 1v1 situations. Otherwise you're right, it's a very long wait to get into a match, and even if it starts, the match will be uneven (5v1).
Yes the match mechanic is also broken and need to be addressed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Cryptic needs to:
  • Fix the queues so that you dont have mismatched teams
  • Once Mismatching is fixed, lock it so new people can't join and mismatch after the match has started
  • Lower Exploits Rates in PvP, just a little (without affecting PvE).
  • Safe Respawn locations (nobody likes spawn campers or spawning in the middle of an hostile group).
  • Fix the bug where people from your side are put on the other side.
  • No longer have the mini-map show hostile locations, so the unexpected could occur, like an ambush.
  • Perhaps a limit on spawns, so you don't see Tacticals having 4 or more Security Escorts or Engineers spamming the place with gizmos.
  • Make maps possible where you could have 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3, instead of waiting for a full queue for the match to begin (which is hard lately since there are so few people in the queues anymore).

Last, but not least:
  • Prevent people exploiting the alien creator and making smurfs (Characters that are 1 foot tall). These exploit the code, which increases their survival a great deal.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 PM.