Lt. Commander
# 11
07-04-2010, 01:49 AM
I only do ground PvP which means I dont do much PvP at all the queues are dead, I never see any open maps and when I get in half the people who where queing have given up and its 2 Klingons verse 5 feds and after a few minutes I just quit.

Groud PvP needs a hell of a lot of work. Unfortunatly the one thing I would really like to see are War Zones but they would be a waste of time because there are insufficent Klingon Players and instead of 5 vs 2 it would be 50 vs 2. But personaly I will only be staying to check out seaon 2 if its not great for Klingons I will be leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 12 I agree
07-04-2010, 02:20 AM
  • Prevent people exploiting the alien creator and making smurfs (Characters that are 1 foot tall). These exploit the code, which increases their survival a great deal.

I agree with this. It takes away from the feeling of Star Trek when you come-up against a character like this...
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I admit that I don't do much ground pvp as it isn't all that fun for me. However, I have tried every map a few times just to get a feel for them, all that is except Shantytown. Shantytown never seems to start when I am logged in, whether during the day or at night. So, is it any good?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Love ground pvp on my Caitian, hardly ever get a match, oh and I agree with Azurian on all points
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
  • Prevent people exploiting the alien creator and making smurfs (Characters that are 1 foot tall). These exploit the code, which increases their survival a great deal.

I agree with this. It takes away from the feeling of Star Trek when you come-up against a character like this...

I'm suing all of you. These ridiculous posts caused me to laugh so hard, I puked up my spleen. Expect a letter from my attorney discussing reparations on your end.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
The constant holds, stuns, effed up qeue system and pre-mades with voice comms have done in ground combat pvp. I don't know if it's ever going to recover. Sad really.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-08-2010, 08:12 AM
When KDF Orions can wear tiaras and bikinis, ground PVP participation will surge. Just wait...
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeowww View Post
When KDF Orions can wear tiaras and bikinis, ground PVP participation will surge. Just wait...
I like your optimism, but I doubt it.

Ground PvP can be a lot of fun, but there is a huge learning curve and quite frankly - the scenarios suck. 5v5 in a closed space just doesn't cut it. Otha is great, but limited based on participation. Ground PvP would be more fun with more people, but again - it gets back to several issues. Believe it or not, I think people would like ground PvP more if they had a "RSP" like skill for survival/escape when things go wrong.

I had to spec out of ground at BG because the community was so small and getting smaller at the time, but I do think the system can be a lot of fun - when people know what to do. At lower tiers, it is a lot of 1 shot stuff. I know because I do it to others a lot these days on my LCDR toon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-08-2010, 11:44 AM
I hope it recovers but I have my doubts aswell. The qeue system needs major work though.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I still think the removal of or making Riflebutt/Palmstrike a Tac martial arts skill would keep people interest MUCH longer in ground. Buttspam for any person new is insta-death in most cases, and makes Ground look TERRIBLY broken (since there is no counter for it).
Problem is, at higher levels that CC is needed at times to kill healers...so that possible creates a further imbalance
I also think as mentioned before, that the queues need a "grouped" option so that pugs and pre-mades do not mix. That kills a LOT of people interest in ground FAST when they try it out the first few times and run into pre-mades, I think.
Lastly I think Ground PvP is at the VERY BOTTOM of the devs list to deal with, as the PvP community is small, and there are a LOT less Marines than Sailors. The majority of subscriptions pay for PvE and RP, and frankly for the most part, these people would love PvP'ers to disappear (we are SUCH a classy bunch us PvP'ers, I do not understand why, heh).
Dev time will go to where the money is, which is PvE, non-PvP play (and if it does go to PvP, it will go to the Sailors first because they have a MUCH larger whining presence....err...think they are better...err...scoff at ground...err..POPULATION on the forums).