Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
07-02-2010, 11:10 AM
WW2 aside...

Give us your Focus RS and Fiesta! I for one will happily trade all the junk Mustangs we've got
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
07-02-2010, 11:11 AM
When you say 'junk' Mustangs, I take it you're referring to the newer ones, and not the utter kick ass ones?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
07-02-2010, 11:11 AM
to owe the French independance :S *shudder*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
07-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
The Neutrality Patrol, yes, and I completely agree, England owes a debt of thanks to America. However, the point I was trying to make (other than Haz was wrong and I was right...but I'm always right!) was that the Soviet/Germany conflict was much larger than any other part of the war. I believe it was roughly four times the scale of the Western Front, with the Soviets suffering eight million deaths - over 20 times the American casualties (not factoring in the 13.7 million civilians), and anyone who claims it was because the American troops were better deserves a knock over the head.

Because of my rather...strange family tree, I can certainly see the US side of things. I celebrate July 4th, despite having been born and raised in England. However, the ignorance, or willful ignorance that America won WW2 single-handedly is not just ludicrious, but offensive. Ignoring the fact that America joined the war officially only after they had been personally attacked, they also turned a blind eye to the Holocaust until 1944. Hardly the actions of people who proclaim themselves to be dedicated to freedom and civil liberties.

And no, that isn't a personal attack on anyone on the forums, or anyone I'm specifically thinking about. Just making random crazy comments. NOW DANCE.
Dude anyone who claims the Russian troops were of "lesser quality" than American or British troops does indeed deserve a knock on the head.

The Russian strategy was built largely around rounding up the toughest peasants (yes I believe that term still applied even in post-Tsarist Russia) they could find, handing them five bullets, and telling them to make a run for it. What, rifle? No, you don't get a rifle!

And they did.

And they won. They pushed the Germans all the way back to Berlin.

That's damned impressive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
07-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
When you say 'junk' Mustangs, I take it you're referring to the newer ones, and not the utter kick ass ones?
I'm talking about the WTF'ified amalgamations on 4 wheels I see all the time here in Detroit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
07-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Dude anyone who claims the Russian troops were of "lesser quality" than American or British troops does indeed deserve a knock on the head.

The Russian strategy was built largely around rounding up the toughest peasants (yes I believe that term still applied even in post-Tsarist Russia) they could find, handing them five bullets, and telling them to make a run for it. What, rifle? No, you don't get a rifle!

And they did.

And they won. They pushed the Germans all the way back to Berlin.

That's damned impressive.
The fact that Mr. Cube-stache decided to fight a war on two fronts, as well as Russia's very very warm winters, didn't help matters any
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
07-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Someone saw "Enemy at the Gates"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
07-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
WW2 aside...

Give us your Focus RS and Fiesta! I for one will happily trade all the junk Mustangs we've got
gx if you would take a focus or fiesta over a stang you need a swift kick in the tailpipe, license revoked and condemned to ridding power wheels till you're 65.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
When you say 'junk' Mustangs, I take it you're referring to the newer ones, and not the utter kick ass ones?
Ooo come hither you beauty, i have a weekend plan that would make that one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm flattered, madam, but sadly will have to decline. Green just isn't my thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
07-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
gx if you would take a focus or fiesta over a stang you need a swift kick in the tailpipe, license revoked and condemned to ridding power wheels till you're 65.
Not one of our cheap Focus, a quality built Euro Focus RS with that turbo'ed 5 cylinder powerplant.
You can kick my tailpipe when you catch up to me in a trying-to-turn-like-a-cruiser stang
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 PM.