Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Romulus is in pieces who's gonna enforce the treaty? I say cloaks for all canon ships having had a cloak (ie. TOS Enterprise, Galaxy-X. Pegasus and DS9 Defiant.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
07-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Escorts DON'T need a cloak. Because we're awesome. We kick butt and chew bubblegum and we're all out of gum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
07-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
Escorts DON'T need a cloak. Because we're awesome. We kick butt and chew bubblegum and we're all out of gum.
Until we de-cloak and catch you unaware
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
07-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Let us see how things roll. I agree with you that if the new T5 ships get the cloak treatment, then so must the escorts.
Its not the new T5 ships. The Gal-X is a one-of-a-kind offer in the c-store only.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
07-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
The official answer is that we shouldn't try to rationalise it but see it as a video game unlock just for fun.
In the not-too-distant future
Next Sunday, A.D....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddonx View Post
@Synther

If that "reason" was true the Federation would not only be asked, but it would be demanded, that the Cloak be removed from the Galaxy-X in THIS time-line.
It's amazing that people have not learned yet that it's not the cloaking that makes people good. All that giving the Federation any amount of cloaking will do is to cause the PvP scene to become incredibly boring.

Canon arguments are irrelevant at this point (neither side will agree on it), but the end result of what would happen is important, and Klingons know better than dedicated Federation players do about how boring KvK matches are.

Give it to escorts and it's a matter of time before it's in the hands of Cruisers and Science Ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
07-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddonx View Post
@Synther

If that "reason" was true the Federation would not only be asked, but it would be demanded, that the Cloak be removed from the Galaxy-X in THIS time-line.
And under what part of the treaty would a ship, civilization, or government from an alternate universe be subject to this universe's laws? They wouldn't, so your argument is completely pointless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
07-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synther View Post
No Federation ship has, or is allowed to have, a cloak. The only Federation ship to ever have a cloak was the first USS Defiant. That cloak was on loan from the Romulan government in exchange for data that Starfleet brought back through the wormhole from the Gamma Quadrant. When the Defiant was destroyed, Starfleet renamed the USS San Paulo to USS Defiant to honor the craft. However, the San Paulo DID NOT have a cloak and a cloaking device is not a part of the class design. No Federation escort class has a cloak as its standard design, not now and not ever. The Federation is not allowed to develop cloaking technology by the treaty of Algeron. The Galaxy-X DID have a cloak. However, that ship is from another universe. And because the Galaxy-X is from another universe, the treaty has not been broken. The Federation of our universe did NOT develop cloaking technology, therefore the treaty is intact.

THAT is your answer as to why Federation ships don't have cloak. If you want to play with a cloaking device, go make a Klingon.

I doubt that the Treaty made an exception for "ships with cloaks from alternative timelines." The last part of the argument here seems a little silly, although kudos to details of the first part. It's like saying that a captain from the mirror universe can come over to our timeline and start randomly killing our allies. His being from the MU would explain his motives, but his actions would violate the rules/laws/treaties of this timeline.

If the Klingons got Genesis in another timeline and came over to ours, would the federation allow them to use it as a weapon? There would be war.

So, the Feds are clearly violating the Treaty by using a cloak on a ship. It doesn't matter where they got the cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
07-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synther View Post
And under what part of the treaty would a ship, civilization, or government from an alternate universe be subject to this universe's laws? They wouldn't, so your argument is completely pointless.
Not really, good sir. Anything in this universe is subject to this universe's laws, just as we would be subject to the laws of an alt universe if we were trapped there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
07-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Ironically, the romulans cant prove that we have cloaked ships, since theyre all cloaked. Suckers.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.