Lt. Commander
# 11
07-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I personally think that the cloaking mechanics might need a revisement. Add something to the "detection states" that makes finding your enemy easier. Not turn cloak useless, but also don't make the only way to find a cloak ship to stumble upon it while its full impulsing or sensor scan it when it's accidentally within 10km.

Of course, it's not as if people now really "practice" the art of cloak detection. KvK is not as busy as FvF or FvK, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdur_Horzes View Post
The only thing that make klingons unique, they now give to the blue side.

Im so dissapointed at this game, its hard to write in words.
There isnt anyting unique with the klingon side any longer. and i refuse to play on the blue side.
C-store is laughable, Feds get ships,cloak ! What do klingons get ? a targ and in future som new hair wigs.
Nope klingons are unique without cloak too. but youre unique many ways:

klingon ships, battlecloak, universal stations, can cry a river, and ofc good pvpers
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
OP Why complain. Its not like you only play Klingon. I mean you have a ferengi and a cat. Put your BG away for a rainy day, and play the real game. Everything a Klingon can do, a fed can do plus more. Its not like they will be getting any true story for a long time, and when they do its not going to be as much as the feds. So jump ship youll be happier.
That's offensive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Increase range of sensor scan to 50km. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Increase range of sensor scan to 50km. Problem solved.
Actually, I think it would be cool if Sensor Scan or Charged Particle Burst scaled in range according to the amount of power in Aux. Say 5km for each 10 points in Aux?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Meh' that ship is so weaksauce. Get out of the front facing and you can blast away forever. Was in a cap/hold yesterday with lots of them and didn't even have to cloak my bop once. Can understand the frustration tho, feds shouldn't have cloak....
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-03-2010, 05:49 PM
This game is going to continue to go downhill till Cryptic stops caving in everytime somebody QQ's they can't have something. They can't make 1 single decision and just be firm and stick with it.

First they wanted no death penalty, then they wanted a death penalty, then people cried a tiny debuff was the end of the world, and they caved and made it optional.

Same with Klingons, first they wanted them to be a PvP only faction, then they caved and added PvE instead of giving the PvP faction more PvP options like open PvP which is what most wanted before the mass exodus.

Now it's the Fed Cloaking. First they made the decision Feds have better shps with no cloaks, now they cave to the point of breaking canon (not that they ever cared about that anyway) and give Feds cloaks and according to Kestrel more cloaking Fed ships are on the way.

The only way they're ever going to fix this shoddy game will be to make firm design decisions and stick to them and stop listening to the crybaby's that want to have everything handed to them on a giant plate purchased in the C-Store. The way they're acting lately just seems to be out of total desperation and I don't know why. The server can't be any less populated then it already is, so make some design decisions that will give this game a purpose, stand by them, and you might actually see people return longer than 2 weeks to check out a season update that has a bunch of features that many were expecting to have at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Yay for Fed cloak!

Some of the Klingons demanded the Feds get NO cloak.. and now they have it.

Some of the Klingons demanded the Feds get NO FvF.. and they got it.

What will the Klingons demand that the Feds NOT get next? Becuase that is probably what they will get.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I guess we could demand the Feds not get a heavily populated universal server, or not get a decent game, but it would be moot since we already have both.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcurl
to the point of breaking canon (not that they ever cared about that anyway)
just want to point out that Feds having cloak is cannon...the defiant and galaxy X both cloaked in episodes..as well as half a dozen other ships that were used as plot.

As for the X in game, i don't care..its a ok ship but no were near overpowered, and pvp matches (despite what OP said) are still going strong. They do need to do something about stealth detection..but increasing it to 50ks as suggested above is a joke..that's the vast majority of the map. Also find it funny that feds get bad rep for staying in one place as a giant ball..when from my experience (of both sides) its the klingons that stay together more in order to get a strong alpha strike