Lt. Commander
# 21
07-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NzFox
just want to point out that Feds having cloak is cannon...the defiant and galaxy X both cloaked in episodes..as well as half a dozen other ships that were used as plot.

As for the X in game, i don't care..its a ok ship but no were near overpowered, and pvp matches (despite what OP said) are still going strong. They do need to do something about stealth detection..but increasing it to 50ks as suggested above is a joke..that's the vast majority of the map. Also find it funny that feds get bad rep for staying in one place as a giant ball..when from my experience (of both sides) its the klingons that stay together more in order to get a strong alpha strike
You do realize the Galaxy X was an alternate timeline, right? And the Defiant's cloak was Romulan?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Another great move by Cryptic. With the Galaxy X and more cloaking options coming PvP will die soon.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unuthiel
You do realize the Galaxy X was an alternate timeline, right? And the Defiant's cloak was Romulan?
Yeah, but people jump timelines all the time. <----- Get it?
Lt. Commander
# 24 And your point is...
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Well?So they have cloak.The Klingons shouldnt have went to war with the Federation.We are in a different timeline now.All bets are off and the federation can develop cloaking technology for themselves.Its not going to help if they dont cooperate in groups.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-06-2010, 06:01 AM
More doooom.

I'm really starting to think the majority of the playerbase are manic-depressives with ADD.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
M
I'm really starting to think the majority of the ...
I stopped reading right there, could you get to the p...

Mustrum "Contemplates cutting himself now" Ridcully
Not really, obviously.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unuthiel
An alternate timeline where the KDF and Federation were at war. That is clearly completely different from this one, yep.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-06-2010, 07:02 AM
First and foremost, if you depend heavily on a cloak to crutch your combat effectiveness then you are not up to par on the dynamics of good combat skills.

Cloak is nothing more than a defensive measure. Anyone can cloak, but a real Klingon can squash his enemies under the tactics that follow his primal need to sqaush hulls into oblivion or die trying.

Oh wait.......what was that? Or die trying? Yea dying happens...and sometimes you win. Isn't it more on how you play the game?
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I stopped reading right there, could you get to the p...

Mustrum "Contemplates cutting himself now" Ridcully
Not really, obviously.
The point being is that anything added to the game, taken away or otherwise of importance to somebody somewhere, is suddenly gamebreaking and the doom of the game.
It has gotten old.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdur_Horzes View Post
The only thing that make klingons unique, they now give to the blue side.

Im so dissapointed at this game, its hard to write in words.
There isnt anyting unique with the klingon side any longer. and i refuse to play on the blue side.
C-store is laughable, Feds get ships,cloak ! What do klingons get ? a targ and in future som new hair wigs.
I love how people love to exagerate to make their point sound better. And, the Galaxy Dreadnaught is a T5 ship with a cloak, not a T1, so what's your worry? Hair wigs, and also Orion outfits that don't make the Orion girls look like butch dominatrixes (Though that isn't always a bad thing!). The Klingons alsoget a Borg BO, and the playable species, Joined Trills, too. AND, let's not forget that we are getting to fight an NPC enemy exclusive to the Klingon Faction, as well.

But, hidden in the message is the heart and soul of your post, which is that the Developement Team needs to shift out of second gear and pick up some speed on fleshing the Klingon Empire out. I am totally with you, there! They need to ease off the accelerator Fed Side, so the Klingons get the respect they are due. I suspect that by Season 3 we will see a much more robust Klingon Faction, and then we can poke fun at the underdeveloped Romulans, when they are released as a Player Faction.