Lt. Commander
# 1 Newbie looking for assistance
07-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm only a part time player (Federation), but was wondering if you more experienced players can answer a few questions about receiving missions. Can you receive missions only when you hail Starfleet and "speak" to an NPC that you have previously interacted with? Are you able to enter any system at anytime to acquire missions? I'm looking to join a fleet and am currently C4....any suggestions on a fleet that is more geared to part timers regardless of level? I really enjoy the game, but feel like I'm paddling in circles with my current missions available, i.e. Crystalline Entity (that you need a group for), Gorn Advance, etc. Any feedback would be great!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake284 View Post
I'm only a part time player (Federation), but was wondering if you more experienced players can answer a few questions about receiving missions. Can you receive missions only when you hail Starfleet and "speak" to an NPC that you have previously interacted with? Are you able to enter any system at anytime to acquire missions? I'm looking to join a fleet and am currently C4....any suggestions on a fleet that is more geared to part timers regardless of level? I really enjoy the game, but feel like I'm paddling in circles with my current missions available, i.e. Crystalline Entity (that you need a group for), Gorn Advance, etc. Any feedback would be great!!!
When you hail Starfleet you can receive missions from any contact that you meet the level requirements for (+2 or 3 I think). You do not have to have had contact with them before at all.

Fleet Actions like the CE ( which is nearly impossible without a coordinated group ) and the other FA's are much better with groups, especially since the player base around the mid range levels seems to be decreasing.

If you're looking for a casual fleet, feel free to check us out! We have no level or play time requirements and enjoy helping new members/players out. Most of us have been around since the closed beta and are lifetime members - so we can answer almost any question(s) you may have. We are active across all North American time zones. The link to out forums is in my signature so feel free to browse around.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
If you are looking for a fleet, you should look in the fleet forum here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

I'm sure you can find one that suits your needs. You can feel free to check us out too.

sto.44thfleet.com