Lt. Commander
# 1 account issues
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
i have a problem, see i tried the free trial through stream and i liked it, so i bought the game, uninstalled the trial version, and then installed the full version and redeemed the code for the 30 day free play, but when i start the game up, it tell me it is still the demo version, and i am only able to make a federation character which sucks because i want to play as a klingon....

so what gives?

please help me out
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2010, 02:07 PM
As long as you log in with the same account you used the Retail Key on, it should be the full version.

Klingon play is unlocked after you get any character up to Level 7, then you will have the option to make a Klingon character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I have the same problem.

I got a key, activated it. put the paymendt method, and still says im playing the demo.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
One more with the same problem

I was playing the demo, received a invite from the referral program, entered the key I received, uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and still saying I'm playing a demo.

Any help are welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
I suggest all of you with this problem go to the home page and click My Account. It will list all of the keys that you have redeemed. See if your retail key (the one that came with the box) has been redeemed.

Just so you, no one has to uninstall and reinstall the game. What you download for the demo is actually the entire game you are only limited to a few missions. However this isn't the cause of your problem. Check what I suggested above and report back.

EDIT: It will be listed as "Star Trek Online - Retail" under "Activated Feature"
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-06-2010, 04:54 PM
On my case it doesn't have and I only discovered that the referral key is basically an invite to the demo just about 5 minutes before you post. I think I'll just buy the game.

I'd like only to ask one more thing, that I become confused while reading others topics on the forum. To be able to play, you have to enter the key that comes with the game, enter a credit card number and buy a subscription? Or only entering the CD key are enough to play?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Wilhelm
On my case it doesn't have and I only discovered that the referral key is basically an invite to the demo just about 5 minutes before you post. I think I'll just buy the game.

I'd like only to ask one more thing, that I become confused while reading others topics on the forum. To be able to play, you have to enter the key that comes with the game, enter a credit card number and buy a subscription? Or only entering the CD key are enough to play?
You have to enter the key that comes with the game. This is called a retail key. You will also have to provide some sort of payment, either a credit card or time card (which you can purchase at stores I believe). After you have entered a payment method you can play the game. If you enter a credit card you will not get charged until your first 30 days are up, which means you can cancel anytime before then and not get charged.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the help. You answered just what I wanted to know.