Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain Retrain Token?
07-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I purchase the Token....now what? I don't see anything to reset skills. Is this only for Captains...Admirals can't use the reset?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Admirals can definitely use the token. I've retrained skills about 5 times since I hit RA5 on my Fed, probably 3 times on my BG5.

Go to the NPC in the center of Sol station, select "Retrain my Captain Skills". On the bottom of the interface is a few buttons, one of those will clear all skills, you can also cancel out, or even bump individual skills using the up/down pointers under each individual skill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg9
I purchase the Token....now what? I don't see anything to reset skills. Is this only for Captains...Admirals can't use the reset?
you used ALL your free ones already? and visited the skill retrainer at the center of spacedock?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Sad to say, but you probably wasted some C-store points. Over the course of the game, simply by ranking up, you stock up a number of respec tokens.

Purchasing a token on the web site only will add to that number. Its not a magic respec button that you just get to push and presto new skills. The mechanic for that needs to be accessed in the game at the NPC ckills trainer. There are a few but the easiest one to find is in the center of Earth Space Dock. Named Skill Trainer.

To add insult to injury. You dont even need the tokens. Retraining without a token will cost a large number of star fleet merits, depending on your rank. But merits really dont have many uses beyond BO purchases, BO skills, and renaming ships and characters. So most folks have a impressive stockpile of merits and nothing to spend them on anyhow.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
. So most folks have a impressive stockpile of merits and nothing to spend them on anyhow.
That's one of my major complaints about the game. There are entirely too many forms of currency. Between ECs, Merits, Honor, Exploration and PvP badges, et cetera... couldn't we just have one or two, where the higher level items just cost more?

I'm sitting on a stack of T2-T4 exploration merits on my Fed that are useless, I got all of my gear from the exchange or from PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
That's one of my major complaints about the game. There are entirely too many forms of currency. Between ECs, Merits, Honor, Exploration and PvP badges, et cetera... couldn't we just have one or two, where the higher level items just cost more?

I'm sitting on a stack of T2-T4 exploration merits on my Fed that are useless, I got all of my gear from the exchange or from PvP.
I have hardly any low level badges, I used em to buy stuff and didn't keep doing the explores past the point I needed to. I never bought anything on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post

you could always use them to buy stuff to sell on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Yes, lower level exploration badges can be used to buy consoles to give to alts or sold on the exchange.