Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Since the last update, tribble breeding is broken for me in the worst possible way. I've asked around my Fleet, and I'm not the only one noticing the problem.

You put a tribble and an appropriate food item into inventory together, and you wait... The food item disappears, but you don't get a new tribble.

So not only can you not breed new tribbles, but you lose food by even trying.

This blows.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Strange, I just bred a Tribble (ric) this afternoon. Are you sure you left space (in addition to the food item) for the Tribble? Did you have more then one food item to chew on (which is known to confuse the breeding)???
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Yes, I left space for the new tribble. No, I did not give it more than one food item.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Did you have the "birds and the bees" talk with them?
Maybe a subscription to PlayTribble would help.....
Lt. Commander
# 5 So, no response?
07-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Come on, guys, I'm sure SOMEONE who works on development of the game is reading this thread. Right?
Lt. Commander
# 6 Tribble breading works for me
07-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Hmmm, odd, tribble breading works for me. Over the past two days I have created four Tribble (ric)s and One Tribble (Cav) and three Tribble (Mat)s. I have equiped all of my officers with tribbles that provide two buffs.

Now the time it takes to do this is skewed. Some only took 15 minutes. Others took an hour and a half to create the tribble.

-Keppoch
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-05-2010, 05:06 PM
One point that possibly may affect things: I have been attempting to breed these tribbles in the inventories of my bridge crew. I'll empty out one of my bridge crew's inventory, then toss one (1) tribble and one (1) food item into there. Hours later, when I check on it, the original tribble is still there, but the food is not.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieleah View Post
One point that possibly may affect things: I have been attempting to breed these tribbles in the inventories of my bridge crew. I'll empty out one of my bridge crew's inventory, then toss one (1) tribble and one (1) food item into there. Hours later, when I check on it, the original tribble is still there, but the food is not.
Tribble Breeding only works in your Personal and Bank Inventory. BO's ready use item slots don't work...
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Most likely what is happening is that the bridge officers are eating the food before the tribble breeds.

I have found that tribbles will breed in the inventory, bank, or the captain's hotbar, but not officers'. Also, I have found that breed works best on characters that are logged in for the full duration of the breeding period. I tried to add the necessary tribble and food to a character and then logged off for an hour. Nothing happened. I then put the food and tribble on a character that I was actively playing and found the tribble breeded anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and a half. Again, I had it in the inventory and the captain's hot bar. The hot bar proved to be the slowest, so for the last tribble I moved it to my inventory. BTW, the last five tribbles were created on my Klingon character. Although they cannot use them, they can breed them.

-Keppoch
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Klingons cannot use tribbles? mine do........

whats the best thing to feed them anyhoo?