Lt. Commander
# 31
07-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
The problem with this is that then we would have tier 2 Novas being as powerful as Tier 5 ships, which is not appropriate.
But you must acknowledge that it would massivly help designing GOOD looking ships.
If you have read the entire thread then you must have noticed that, a "upgrated" ship woul not be as much powerful than its "normal"counterpart.
If you belive it or not, there are some people who don't like Cryptics designs.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
But you must acknowledge that it would massivly help designing GOOD looking ships.
If you have read the entire thread then you must have noticed that, a "upgrated" ship woul not be as much powerful than its "normal"counterpart.
If you belive it or not, there are some people who don't like Cryptics designs.
Based off of something I saw the other day, we are getting an upgrades galaxy, defiant and...another ship...*goes to check the forum post from dstahl* ah right intrepid and some klingon thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We are almost there!

We realize everyone is anxious to test the new Season 2 build, but we are still tracking down some showstopper bugs that we want to resolve before putting this in front of you.

The team is working on those fixes now and our plan is to push this to TRIBBLE as soon as we have the fixes checked in, the new build made, and QA approved. This means were are close, but it will be at least tomorrow a.m. before you get the build.

Here's a preview of what you'll see in this first test build
* Level up to 51
* 2 Klingon vs. Fed PVE episodes (level 20)
* 2 Undine related episodes (level 45)
* Mark XI gear drops (if critter is 46+)
* Non-Combat missions (many start in social systems: Vulcan, Bajor, Memory Alpha)
* First Contact Missions (temporarily enabled starting at level 2)
* Dabo mini-game
* Dabo Gold Pressed Latinum Store (sells cool temp ship holo emitters)
* Scan mini-game
* Level 51 versions of Borg Hub Dailies
* Level 51 Fleet Action Daily
* Rescoped Fleet Action Bands

Here's the list of new Season 2 features currently turned off in the build as we conduct internal testing. We will be adding these features to the upcoming Tribble Builds as they are approved.
* Level 51 ship rewards (Retrofit Galaxy, Intrepid, Defiant, Fek'ihri)
* Player Ship Interiors (Bridges are temporarily turned off as well)
* Science Lab mini-game
* 2 Klingon vs. Klingon PVE episodes (level 10)
* 4 Klingon vs. Fek'ihri PVE episodes (level 30)
* 3 Undine episodes
* Undine Fleet Action
* Weekly Series 1 (these start up sometime in August)
* Science Console Grandfather Turn-In
* Level 51 daily Mark token rewards and stores

We are just as eager as everyone else to get the build out - we will see you on Tribble tomorrow!
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Based off of something I saw the other day, we are getting an upgrades galaxy, defiant and...another ship...*goes to check the forum post from dstahl* ah right intrepid and some klingon thing
I have seen it too, and its just fantastic.
But my point was to increase the ship parts one can use at the ship customizer.
One of my favorite things in STO is to be creative and find good looking alternative Kitbashes. But with the current limited selection there is not really much to do.