Lt. Commander
# 1 Somethings i need to say.
07-03-2010, 07:31 PM
First off i would like to thank all those who have given me a run for my money in pvp. You have given me great enjoyment through your skill and i hope i have done the same for you.

Now on to the point of the post. Folks this is a game and that is all it is. PvP can be intense at times and challenging, but there is no reason for some of you ( you know who you are ) to become just plain nasty to ppl in pvp. I know losing can be not fun and sometimes wants to make you beat your head on the keyboard over things. When you join a pug and get creamed that happens, i don't care how good or bad a player you may be.

There is no reason to scream hackers, noobs, cheaters and so on at the other side, nor is it right to call names about the ppl who may be on your team.
When you join a pug you must understand that not all pvp all the time like you or myself may do. Ppl who do not pvp all the time and make mistakes or try and treat pvp like it is pve are not stupid, idiots or many of the other names i have seen them called.

They have the right to pvp just as much as we do. Who knows they may solo every elite pve match and not die once that could be thier thing. You must also think about the fact that if those ppl were not here we might not have any game to play at all. People don't play this game to ruin your time they play to have fun and if they are having fun good for them.

Agree or not with this just remember we all play to have fun and if you are not having fun what is the point to making others feel bad also.

Pretty much all i have to say. Looking foreward to seeing you in pvp.

/Peace
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah it would be nice if more people were civilized in PVP matches, but hey that's what the ignore button is for. Use it and you can create your own world, a paradise.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Take it as a compliment that you just kicked there @$$ and they just arnt man or women enough to handle it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Yes, the OP hits the nail on the head. The problem is that the larger the game gets, the more whining will happen. People that let this game affect them after the instant of pain from a dying avatar in a video game need to re-evaluate their goals.

Enjoy people. Just be happy you aren't actually risking your life in these games.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Badlander.. Just out of interest. Did you once play on Farstar galaxy SWG?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
First off i would like to thank all those who have given me a run for my money in pvp. You have given me great enjoyment through your skill and i hope i have done the same for you.

Now on to the point of the post. Folks this is a game and that is all it is. PvP can be intense at times and challenging, but there is no reason for some of you ( you know who you are ) to become just plain nasty to ppl in pvp. I know losing can be not fun and sometimes want to make you beat your head on the keyboard over things. When you join a pug and get creamed that happens, i don't care how good or bad a player you may be.

There is no reason to scream hackers, noobs, cheaters and so on at the other side, nor is it right to call names about the ppl who may be on your team.
When you join a pug you must understand that not all pvp all the time like you or myself may do. Ppl who do not pvp all the time and make mistakes or try and treat pvp like it is pve are not stupid, idiots or many of the other names i have seen them called.

They have the right to pvp just as much as we do. Who knows they may solo every elite pve match and not die once that could be thier thing. You must also think about the fact that if those ppl were not here we might not have any game to play at all. People don't play this game to ruin your time they play to have fun and if they are having fun good for them.

Agree or not with this just remember we all play to have fun and if you are not having fun what is the point to making others feel bad also.

Pretty much all i have to say. Looking foreward to seeing you in pvp.

/Peace
I agree with this - I find PvP enjoyable, and often find myself cheering when I get destroyed (especially when I have managed to survive a heavy barrage for a bit).

This is a game, and I play it as such. I look forward to beating... er. meeting you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Indeed. Well said OP I'm sure we have all lost our temper to PVP at some point I myself get very frustrated at times. Lately however I find it more enjoyable and easy to just accept it move on and smile. Getting so angry and hateful is bad for your health
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I am going to toot my own fleet's horn here....

-TTT- on the fed side (RA pvp) The Tribble Tribunal
-PBP- on the kling side (currently commander lvl PVP) Purified By Pain

We always make a point of saying Good Game ( "gg" ) at the end of a match, win or lose, 15-0, 0-15, or 15-15 (yeah we have seen ties).

-GoD- likes playing against us, not cause we present a challenge really, but because we are cheerful about it and we keep trying to do better and we are not afraid to try again and lose. Even though it can get frustrating. (GRRR)

a couple -182nd- and -GoD- members even enjoy playing WITH us cause we have FUN, win or lose.
(and a few others from other fleets also)

And while we might not quite be up to the top level of PvP like GoD, 182nd, 7th core, 31st, and DoB, we play to have fun and both sides tend to enjoy the fight.

there is no need to get nasty cause you lose.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Badlander.. Just out of interest. Did you once play on Farstar galaxy SWG?
Nope, i played on Bria SWG. Also would like to add good to see many agree with my post. Lets make STO a great game full of great folks