Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdt_the_confused View Post
I am going to toot my own fleet's horn here....

-TTT- on the fed side (RA pvp) The Tribble Tribunal
-PBP- on the kling side (currently commander lvl PVP) Purified By Pain

We always make a point of saying Good Game ( "gg" ) at the end of a match, win or lose, 15-0, 0-15, or 15-15 (yeah we have seen ties).

-GoD- likes playing against us, not cause we present a challenge really, but because we are cheerful about it and we keep trying to do better and we are not afraid to try again and lose. Even though it can get frustrating. (GRRR)

a couple -182nd- and -GoD- members even enjoy playing WITH us cause we have FUN, win or lose.
(and a few others from other fleets also)

And while we might not quite be up to the top level of PvP like GoD, 182nd, 7th core, 31st, and DoB, we play to have fun and both sides tend to enjoy the fight.

there is no need to get nasty cause you lose.
What he said,

And to the OP kudos you hit the nail on the head...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdt_the_confused View Post
there is no need to get nasty cause you lose.
Win or lose you get credit towards your daily. There's no real issue with losing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
Nice vid man, ty.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Cheers Vlad. You've always been pleasant in PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdt_the_confused View Post
I am going to toot my own fleet's horn here....

-TTT- on the fed side (RA pvp) The Tribble Tribunal
-PBP- on the kling side (currently commander lvl PVP) Purified By Pain

We always make a point of saying Good Game ( "gg" ) at the end of a match, win or lose, 15-0, 0-15, or 15-15 (yeah we have seen ties).

-GoD- likes playing against us, not cause we present a challenge really, but because we are cheerful about it and we keep trying to do better and we are not afraid to try again and lose. Even though it can get frustrating. (GRRR)

a couple -182nd- and -GoD- members even enjoy playing WITH us cause we have FUN, win or lose.
(and a few others from other fleets also)

And while we might not quite be up to the top level of PvP like GoD, 182nd, 7th core, 31st, and DoB, we play to have fun and both sides tend to enjoy the fight.

there is no need to get nasty cause you lose.

I know MOST of the 182nd and GOD guys like playing with or against TTT, I play with them as an outsider, and they all have good things to say about you guys. They never say "you suck" (not because they are polite but because you guys don't), they always say you guys are quickly learning, and always improving, and from what I've seen you guys are pretty good.

I know of one player who always posts "GG(no offense)" meaning that he had fun, and is not saying GG because he is required too, but because he is sincere about it.

Vlad I love PVPing with you, you are a hoot to fight and fight with, I love watching you scream across Cap'N'Holds to be a road bump, and then watching you annoy the hell out of people when you just won't die.

I have never really had issues in PVP with people, there are a few who take it upon themselves to mock other players, heck I had someone yesterday call me a cheater for using key binds, then call me an unskilled north american when I said anyone can set them up in game. But usually most players will ask questions like "what are you doing that is killing me so fast?" and I appreciate that. I will always help people who ask for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Your point, I like it. It holds especially true to the winners too as there is really no sense in calling people out or demeaning them for being less skilled (for whatever reason). Asking questions and making suggestions is one thing but if all you are going to do is inform them that they should clear up some PC memory by deleting the game then maybe you should just hush, lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I do strike up conversations with Feds that I thought fought real well from time to time. I like to talk to Enemies that give me a hard time, out of respect. Dont see the point in yelling at other people about the fact that I got creamed tho.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-05-2010, 03:44 PM
i don't really notice bad players in my team.
actually compared to me ALL of you seem to be some lost pve'er who was overstrained by the menu and missclicked himself into pvp battle.

really, i don't care !

i like the flashy explosions the STO ships (mostly YOURS!) make.

see also ME kicking YOUR butt:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166007
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK001
i don't really notice bad players in my team.
actually compared to me ALL of you seem to be some lost pve'er who was overstrained by the menu and missclicked himself into pvp battle.

really, i don't care !

i like the flashy explosions the STO ships (mostly YOURS!) make.

see also ME kicking YOUR butt:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166007
I won't get involved in your post..it seems to be trying to egg ppl on. But, i will say however you seem to write stuff like you did here alot. Who are you? I have never seen you in pvp and i pvp all the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
To the OP - Great post, agree 100%

It's always nice to be civil even if you're tearing your hair out!

Also. for me personally, if someone from the opposition (it happens on occasion) Pm's you to say "well played" in a non patronising way, I think it goes a long way to establishing a good reputation for both player and fleet.

I'm one of those players who is not in a PvP focused fleet, but is often picked up by premades to make up the numbers, and I find playing with/against the likes of 182nd, DoB (and others mentioned above) to be thoroughly enjoyable and good natured.

As the Op inferred - The problem seems to lie mainly in PuGs, unfortunately there is very little one can do about this. Every now and then, one bad apple will spoil a game. If faced with two team members in need, who will get that heal when they need it?

Correct!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:56 AM.