Lt. Commander
# 1 Tray click problem
07-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Hello.

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now, and its started to get me killed prematurely in pvp. I'm getting really frustrated.

My problem is that I can't activate skills in my tray. They are not on a cool down or disabled for any reason. They are available to use. I click on them and nothing happens. Sometimes I'll be able to use them after 10 to 20 seconds, but other times I just can't use them until I die and respawn. Does anyone else have this problem? Or can anyone suggest a way to fix it?

thanks.

Edit: The skills do not work if I use the number keys either.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I thought the same thing, but that does not seem to be the case.

For example. I tried to use a weapons battery last night and had this problem. I was eventually killed and when I respawned I still could not use it. I waited about a minute and still no luck. I tried moving it to a different slot and still it would not work. I logged out and back in and it worked.

Also, when you get hit with a debuff the skills go dark right? The times I have problems the skills are not dark, but look ready to use...just can't click on them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Yeah , I continue to have the same issue and it seems to be getting worse. I discussed it with my fleet mates and they to are experiencing it so its more widespread than I thought. Very annoying in PvP matchs...
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 07:25 AM
ye i have this issue every once in a while, undersandably after some sci players using shockwave it greys out my tray for a few sec like its supposed to, but the main issue is when they are not greyed out or greyed out for too long and still not usable unless you disengage and target yourself which in a pvp can waste valuable seconds in a fight.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
It seems that it has been happening more in the last few weeks. It usually happens at least once per match while I'm doing pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
So I think I've found why this happens to me sometimes. Maybe this will help other people having this problem.

I started to notice that this problem happened the most when using skills like hazard emitters and Emergency Power to Struct. Intg.

I'll explain the problem I discovered by giving a situational example: I fly in and target my ally and hit hazard emitters to heal him. I then push space bar to target his target. The fight goes on. Eventually I need to use hazard emitters on myself. I push it and nothing happens. This is because even though I am no longer targeting my ally who I healed first, my heal is still trying to target him (and he is now out of range). When I clear my target I can then use my heals on myself.

This does not explain why I can't use my batteries sometimes, but it seems to have solved the majority of my issues. I hope this helps.