Lt. Commander
Wouldn't it be awesome if a fleet could generate a customized welcome message that was automatically emailed to every player that joined the fleet? It would be awesome because it would allow the fleet leaders to put information such as:
  • Teamspeak information
  • Website URL
  • Forums URL
  • Leadership information
  • Rules of Conduct
  • etc.

As a fleet leader, such a feature would save me a lot of typing and copy/pasting, and I would know that all new recruits were given all the information they needed to know without having to repeat it to people who were recruited when I wasn't online.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2010, 01:35 AM
That feature exists. My fleet has everything you want, and news that pops up when you log in. Trust me, its there.

Rules of conduct are better left on a guild webpage. If you don't have one, many people use www.guildlaunch.com
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 01:37 AM
That's the MOTD, which is generally ignored by players. My fleet currently has a multi-colored MOTD that fills half the screen when it pops up, and every new items is given a new color in order to make it stand out.

We've tested this - players just don't bother to read the MOTD. Further, no one is aware of the fleet window and all its functions until you tell them about it. This is why I'm asking for an automated mail system, which is completely different in function and separate from the MOTD.

Also, my fleet has a website, thanks. :p GuildLaunch is crap anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2010, 01:47 AM
You mean something like whenever a new person joins the fleet they get a letter in the mail automatically? If thats what you mean then I agree. It'd be a cool system.

Edit: yes, i didn't read the OP and made a fool of myself

Why don't you make a word document and then copy and paste once and send it on to multiple members if you have lots of new people? Still think its a good idea though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Why don't you make a word document and then copy and paste once and send it on to multiple members if you have lots of new people? Still think its a good idea though.
Yeah, I'm doing that currently, which is why I asked about getting an automated (and customizable) welcome email.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
So no one else likes this idea? Everyone is too busy getting ready to hang the devs for not releasing 2.0 on Tribble 6 weeks before the game's retail release and debating the meaning of life and how it relates to Blizzard's forums?

No wonder the devs have been communicating less.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
So no one else likes this idea? Everyone is too busy getting ready to hang the devs for not releasing 2.0 on Tribble 6 weeks before the game's retail release and debating the meaning of life and how it relates to Blizzard's forums?

No wonder the devs have been communicating less.
Well, pardon me for being un-conventional (and leaving 10F briefly) but our fleet is very open on the forums, so we have no need for announcements, nor a proper fleet website.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Well, pardon me for being un-conventional (and leaving 10F briefly) but our fleet is very open on the forums, so we have no need for announcements, nor a proper fleet website.
I would even be happy if thay would put in a foward button so i can keep a mail and just send it to new members. we would do this in SWG all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Another shameless bump in the hopes some dialogue can take place concerning this idea.