Lt. Commander
One issue I have not really gotten a grip on is the Select Next Target options that may be available.

I know that if I have a current target selected, I can switch between that and others by using the TAB key.

I also know that if there are several enemy ships in front of me on screen, the closest will usually be selected by hitting the Space Bar. This also works to some extent when there are a dozen or so Naga Fighters or other small ships in close proximity. these do not always have to be Right in Front of me to be selected.

I find however that neither of these two above options work when I am in a Hornets Nest of Cruisers, or Birds of Prey, and none are right in front of me. All I can see are the little hook Arrows running around the screen at 90 MPH, and when I hit Tab or Space Bar, no target is selected.

Is there a more stable consistent way to Auto-Select the Next Closest Target??

I searched for this info in the Manual, and the Academy Threads for the last hour, and find nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2010, 06:58 AM
There is an option for targeting, something like "Target Off Screen", or something along those lines. Maybe someone else remembers under which tab in the options menu it is, otherwise just look for it, I'm sure you will find it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
There is an option for targeting, something like "Target Off Screen", or something along those lines. Maybe someone else remembers under which tab in the options menu it is, otherwise just look for it, I'm sure you will find it.
Thanks, I thought I checked the Options menu, maybe I missed that item there. Will look again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2010, 08:55 AM
I just went to look. Go to Options --> Controls

Make sure the Region is set to Space or Ground (depending on where you want to change the setting).

Scroll down until you see "Tab select offscreen targets" and turn it On.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
I just went to look. Go to Options --> Controls

Make sure the Region is set to Space or Ground (depending on where you want to change the setting).

Scroll down until you see "Tab select off screen targets" and turn it On.
Thanks will scroll down to that next time I log in. I did find a next target option under Key Binds, and tried to set V or B to that. They did not work, so I went to drop down arrow choices, and accidentally set my ESC Key to it, then I could not get the Options screen back.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-05-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Thanks will scroll down to that next time I log in. I did find a next target option under Key Binds, and tried to set V or B to that. They did not work, so I went to drop down arrow choices, and accidentally set my ESC Key to it, then I could not get the Options screen back.
you can use one of the icons on the right of the minimap to open up the options, I believe it is the one that looks like a computer
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
One issue I have not really gotten a grip on is the Select Next Target options that may be available.

I know that if I have a current target selected, I can switch between that and others by using the TAB key.

I also know that if there are several enemy ships in front of me on screen, the closest will usually be selected by hitting the Space Bar. This also works to some extent when there are a dozen or so Naga Fighters or other small ships in close proximity. these do not always have to be Right in Front of me to be selected.

I find however that neither of these two above options work when I am in a Hornets Nest of Cruisers, or Birds of Prey, and none are right in front of me. All I can see are the little hook Arrows running around the screen at 90 MPH, and when I hit Tab or Space Bar, no target is selected.

Is there a more stable consistent way to Auto-Select the Next Closest Target??

I searched for this info in the Manual, and the Academy Threads for the last hour, and find nothing.
Thanks for all the help with this problem.

Now my next issue: After getting this resolved, I find that somewhere along the way, I have changed the ESC Key default to bring up the Game menu. I have looked through all the Options, and do not see the Game Menu listed as a set option there. Can anyone tell me how to restore the ESC Key to bring up the Game Menu? I know I can do it off the map, but would like to restore the Default for ESC.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Thanks for all the help with this problem.

Now my next issue: After getting this resolved, I find that somewhere along the way, I have changed the ESC Key default to bring up the Game menu. I have looked through all the Options, and do not see the Game Menu listed as a set option there. Can anyone tell me how to restore the ESC Key to bring up the Game Menu? I know I can do it off the map, but would like to restore the Default for ESC.
When you are in the options menu, go to the tab called "Key Binds" and just click "Reset to Defaults" at the bottom left corner. If you don't want to do this just scroll through the list of key binds until you find the one where you added Esc and remove it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
When you are in the options menu, go to the tab called "Key Binds" and just click "Reset to Defaults" at the bottom left corner. If you don't want to do this just scroll through the list of key binds until you find the one where you added Esc and remove it.
I did that yesterday, but it did not give the required results. I did however go back in the game this AM, and since my post it has been fixed. Probably Admin re-set my char defaults.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
I did that yesterday, but it did not give the required results. I did however go back in the game this AM, and since my post it has been fixed. Probably Admin re-set my char defaults.

Thanks.
Well I'm glad its been fixed.