Lt. Commander
# 1 Female Uniforms See-Through
07-04-2010, 09:40 AM
It's not as awesome as one might think. It's really just annoying, that female uniforms are essential see through from a distance and only when you get close to them do they appear.

Is this a graphic issue on my part? Or is it something with Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Since the same thing happens in champions (though mostly only with the skirt options) I'd say its a cryptic thing. Its just that the game doesn't fully load every player in the zone when you beam in, as such it can take a bit longer sometimes and the uniform appears to fade in when you first see it.

unless of course you can sit at a distance and not see the uniform properly for an extended period of time and then I'd say you have a different problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 11:45 AM
o_0

While this is well-known with the beaming effect (and teleport in Champtions), I guess I just play at too high settings to notice fade-in and fade-out of characters that close up...

It's an artifact of how transparency works in pretty much every rendering engine, unfortunately.

In the case of STO at least, this would be at least partially solved by not having the under-skirt texture on the hindquarters be CO's base thong.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Well with some uniforms female characters can appear.....topless.... when there is a delay in loading all the assets. :p

Kind of reminds me a bit of the topless klingon female/armor bug back in beta.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Well with some uniforms female characters can appear.....topless.... when there is a delay in loading all the assets. :p

I loved that bug :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
It's not as awesome as one might think. It's really just annoying, that female uniforms are essential see through from a distance and only when you get close to them do they appear.

Is this a graphic issue on my part? Or is it something with Cryptic?
Screenshot or it didn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-12-2010, 06:48 AM
I have this issue all the time. Anytime my character or one of my BOffs wear the TOS skirt it does this as soon as I start zooming out. I don't even have to be all the way zoomed out. And to make things worse it doesn't go away after a a few seconds, it will stay that way for the entire mission. Its not that it vanishes, its more like it gets see through lines running horizontally across the entire skirt. Also the boots that they released to go with this seem to be doing the same thing so that the my calves are also showing. Would love to hear a fix for this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post

Saw it on a trill female character today. Stopped me dead in my tracks. I can tell you the spots go way down I'm curious now just how low they go......
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-12-2010, 10:42 AM
i wont them to let us TAKE it OFF lol not nude thoe
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
Screenshot or it didn't happen.

btw it dose happen http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=3147151

and she is sexy let me TAKE IT OFF :p