Lt. Commander
# 11
07-13-2010, 07:08 PM
LOD issue probably, 3d games these days and for the past couple decade use lower quality models/textures for anything beyond a certain distance. Yours might be corrupted, if it were just a driver issue it should occur for all characters regardless of gender. Course there's always the possibility of something else though that's my top bet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintri View Post
LOD issue probably, 3d games these days and for the past couple decade use lower quality models/textures for anything beyond a certain distance. Yours might be corrupted, if it were just a driver issue it should occur for all characters regardless of gender. Course there's always the possibility of something else though that's my top bet.
It's that female skirts, tank tops, and maybe some other things (and male stuff like the revealing Orion wear) are a separate mesh that overlays an otherwise naked legs or torso, wheras most clothing covers up a lack of body mesh. When transparency kicks in, either for fading due to draw distance or for effects like transporting, the way transparency works in most graphics engines (including Cryptic's apparently) causes every mesh, even normally occluded ones, to become visible and translucent.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
There's transparencies on most male clothings if I remember right also. Plus no would would just fade clothes out first for draw distances. At any rate most people would still use lod before fading at the point where any level of detail would be meaningless since the object would just be a tiny spec, otherwise your finished product would just look like Mecenaries 2 on the ps2.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Well with some uniforms female characters can appear.....topless.... when there is a delay in loading all the assets. :p

Kind of reminds me a bit of the topless klingon female/armor bug back in beta.
Why do you guys always get the good bugs and I end up with the lousy ones? Lucky buggers!
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-17-2010, 11:29 AM
This is a zoom of what I'm seeing. I just took this a few minutes ago. It's not see through as much as the rendering of the uniform being thick enough or something. In all other female uniforms (full body) I have no problem. It's only the skirs and "sports bras"

Now if womens clothes would disintegrate in real life when I got close to them, now THAT would be amazing. Sadly, they just take them off for me. hahahaha

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/865/mehhf.png
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2010, 10:58 AM
i want your graphics card tbh =p and god forbid you downloading new drivers to fix this bugg of awesomness lol