Lt. Commander
# 1 TOS Enterprise ship question
07-04-2010, 12:22 PM
This should be basic, but I can't seem to figure it out. I purchased the original TOS cruiser (the USS Enterprise, which had originally been a preorder ship I believe) in the C-Store, but can't for the life of me figure out how to access it. It said it was a Tier 1 purchase so should be accessible to anyone.

Any guidance would be helpful - thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2010, 12:25 PM
once you purchased it go to your inventory, right click and press equip or use. it will then appear with your other ships

ifs its on a character other than the one you bought it on, or if you have already discharged it on your main, then go to special unlocks (the bottom tab) of the c-store and claim it again for free

make sure you have less than 8 ships in the shipyard or it wont let you equip it
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Ahhhh, thank you!!!! Worked perfectly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Is it worth the $10 or so I have to pay for it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
Is it worth the $10 or so I have to pay for it?
That's a question only you can answer to your satisfaction.

Is T1 light cruiser with an extra engineering equipment slot and a pair of auto-leveling phasers "worth it"?

What if the phasers fired blue beams?

What if the cruiser is modeled after an iconic ship from a decades-old science fiction franchise?

Some would say yes, others would say no. Only you can decide for yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym_Quirk
Some would say yes, others would say no. Only you can decide for yourself.
I guess I'm still of the "no". If I end up going Engineer and getting a Constitution class ship, then it will seem like I'm in the same ship for 40+ hours.

If it helped me lvl, was easier to pilot, etc; maybe I'd buy it. Or if were cheaper. $5.00, I'd buy. $10, too high.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
I guess I'm still of the "no". If I end up going Engineer and getting a Constitution class ship, then it will seem like I'm in the same ship for 40+ hours.

If it helped me lvl, was easier to pilot, etc; maybe I'd buy it. Or if were cheaper. $5.00, I'd buy. $10, too high.
the extra console and auto levelling phasers are nice but its basically the same ship as the miranda. you would not notice the difference when playing.

end of the day it really is cosmetic only
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the extra console and auto levelling phasers are nice but its basically the same ship as the miranda. you would not notice the difference when playing.

end of the day it really is cosmetic only
Its a little bit more then that... It also has 20% greater Hull strength, but at the expense of a slightly slower turn rate... And with the extra Engineering console slot, the 'Connie' can put the term 'Cruiser' in the Light Cruiser class with the extra survivability... (Just don't think of putting Dual Heavy Cannons on it though...)
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
It's value is totally up to you, I didn't buy it from the store, I got it as a bonus. I think it's worth it to use for the extra engineering slot. However, if you don't play a lot of alts, or rush through the low levels, it likely won't be worth it.

The level-with-you phasers are nice but beyond breaking them out once in a while for giggles and nostalgia, they're not really useful. They keep the same damage as the generic white odd Mk numbers. Once you get even Mk numbers, or green odds they're no longer useful.

Edit: That said it's still really fun to have it, I take it out and goof off when i'l flying around earth spacedock or when I'm in the Sirius sector helping out lowbies with quests.
Lt. Commander
# 10 What about the Galaxy X?
07-05-2010, 12:45 AM
So, this is kind of related, but I purchased the Galaxy X Cruiser on one of my Rear Admiral's accounts and discharged it accidentally, but can't seem to get it back on any of my other Rear Admiral characters. Any clues?