Lt. Commander
# 1 In game soundtrack
07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
can you add more themes to it like, for DS9 space zone add DS9 theme or sumtin, and in space add alll the movie themes, and in exploration Voyager theme, I'd really like some familiar music in game and some new stuff, who doesn't agree?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Many people agree, the only issue is licensing. That costs money which could otherwise be spent improving the game in more tangible ways. (Paying programmers for missions, etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 04:49 PM
I have mixed feelings on the soundtrack.

I love the basic menu theme, and I like one of those nice quiet happy-go-lucky fed themes, can't find a link to that one..... it sounds very MMO-y, but also trek like.

As well as this battle theme;
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQl_1...eature=related )
(This one is EPIC, it neeeds to play during PvP)

I think they should build alot on those themes.

The rest, not so much.
They need to tear the rest down (maybe with *some* exceptions) and restart with the above as a base, as well as license just the basic intro themes for each show to be used in the proper locations/moments.

Thats all just opinion though. And i'm talking mainly about the Fed tracks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Many people agree, the only issue is licensing. That costs money which could otherwise be spent improving the game in more tangible ways. (Paying programmers for missions, etc.)
well I knw that licensing would cost money but I still want more new music, like the theme that plays whenever it shows the Enterprise on TNG and TOS I would like that to play when you beam back to your ship and it changes to starship control
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post

I love the basic menu theme, and I like one of those nice quiet happy-go-lucky fed themes, can't find a link to that one..... it sounds very MMO-y, but also trek like.

The rest, not so much.
They need to tear the rest down (maybe with *some* exceptions) and restart with the above as a base, as well as license just the basic intro themes for each show to be used in the proper locations/moments.

haven't heard this since Beta and I loved it thanks a lot for giving me the link!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
They were able to afford Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy...

Most of the STO music just plain sucks. Who though having a guy moaning operatically was a good idea?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
They were able to afford Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy...

Most of the STO music just plain sucks. Who though having a guy moaning operatically was a good idea?
Zachary Quinto isn't a problem, it's Nimoy who'd cost a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post

The rest, not so much.

That's one of the Romulan Battle music tracks. There's a couple of other Rom battle tracks that includes the STO theme in them but they don't seem to play for me anymore.

You can hear some of the other in-game music here on composer Kevin Manthei's website.

He's also scoring Cryptic's next two MMO's as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I like most of the music in this game.

I think the main theme is fantastic and very Trek.