Lt. Commander
# 11
07-06-2010, 07:06 AM
I'd love to buy a copy of the soundtrack. A few of the tracks are hit and miss, but some are very well composed and fit the game perfectly.

Perhaps a future C-store addition?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-06-2010, 08:21 AM
got sick of the game music, picked up the ST movie scores and play them off my itunes while in game. really dig the ST II soundtrack. Nemisis aint bad either, heck even the ST V closing music is pretty good.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
got sick of the game music, picked up the ST movie scores and play them off my itunes while in game. really dig the ST II soundtrack. Nemisis aint bad either, heck even the ST V closing music is pretty good.
all the movie music is great, but I don't have itunes and running youtube and STO at the same time would create very bad lag... some of us aren't as lucky as you
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Exactly this.... I then branched out and made two playlists. One for Fed, one for Klink, and started incorporating soundtracks that seemed appropriate, including other games. Modern Warfare 2's fits surprisingly well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
The one thing I REALLY wanted when I was playing this game was to approach DS9 and hear the DS9 series theme tune. That would have truely been epic. Even better would have been a similar FMV intro like how DS9 starts up, watching your ship fly in to the sector and make its way to a docking bay.

That would have been truely awesome. Unfortunately I first zoned there and no music played at all. I was very disappointed with DS9 station. Both outside and inside its just dull.

Even if they added ships flying in and out to add a bit more immersion and make the station look used.

A question I do have however is CBS owns all rights and licenses for ST as far as im aware and as such they would own the rights to the theme songs from the series and movies right? Now if that was the case and them effectively owning STO would it not have any problems with putting those themes into the game?

Im probably being very naive here and there are probably a ton of politics in the way (as usual these days).

Cryptic, if you can in ANY way get us these themes please add them!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
The one thing I REALLY wanted when I was playing this game was to approach DS9 and hear the DS9 series theme tune. That would have truely been epic. Even better would have been a similar FMV intro like how DS9 starts up, watching your ship fly in to the sector and make its way to a docking bay.

That would have been truely awesome. Unfortunately I first zoned there and no music played at all. I was very disappointed with DS9 station. Both outside and inside its just dull.

Even if they added ships flying in and out to add a bit more immersion and make the station look used.

A question I do have however is CBS owns all rights and licenses for ST as far as im aware and as such they would own the rights to the theme songs from the series and movies right? Now if that was the case and them effectively owning STO would it not have any problems with putting those themes into the game?

Im probably being very naive here and there are probably a ton of politics in the way (as usual these days).

Cryptic, if you can in ANY way get us these themes please add them!
CBS owns rights to the property of ST, just not the game. So Cryptic has to go through much song and dance just to get the licence to use any ST content no matter how small. You would think CBS would be more giving in the intrest of selling the game as Im sure they make $$$ off of the games useage.

But CBS has always been tight with the good stuff. Like a overweight kid that wont let go of the lolipop.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
But CBS has always been tight with the good stuff. Like a overweight kid that wont let go of the lolipop.
Best analogy ever.

I don't know why CBS won't be co-operative. It's beneficial for all parties (both CBS/Cryptic money-wise and us immersion wise) to use as much ST stuff as possible.

It wouldn't suprise me if most stuff (save Dev troubles) gets delayed due to CBS.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Terraganon View Post
can you add more themes to it like, for DS9 space zone add DS9 theme or sumtin, and in space add alll the movie themes, and in exploration Voyager theme, I'd really like some familiar music in game and some new stuff, who doesn't agree?
What I have done is downloaded the Games Music and downloaded other Star trek music through Lime Wire and use iTunes to play the music in game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Commander-Of-Daedalus
What I have done is downloaded the Games Music and downloaded other Star trek music through Lime Wire and use iTunes to play the music in game.
I have it from a reliable source that it would behoove all to stay away from limewire like the plague. Also staying away from most other file sharing sites might not be a bad idea.

If you can find an actual CD of trek music (ebay) I'd rather spend the 8 bucks rather than risk anything.

He also stated that if you live in a big city next to railroad tracks it might be a good idea to move away from there very soon.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Buy this album right here
http://www.amazon.com/The-Music-Of-S...50351&sr=301-1
It's perfect. They cover all 11 movies and all TV shows and since it's all the same concert it's a great balance of audio quality and there covers are dead on sounding like the shows. They even do an orchestral version of the theme from ENT and it actually sounds a "little" more trek because of it.

Doesnt matter where Im at in the game, If that TNG music starts playing, I hit the warp to sector button to hear those nacelles powering up.