Lt. Commander
# 11
07-05-2010, 01:20 AM
the game is a heavy support, team and ranged game. The 'ball' is just the result of this. Besides from my experience Klingons ball FAR more than feds, as they hang round within 2-3k of each other so they get a massive aplha off. Its not a bad thing, its just how the game is.

You just dont normaly see grouping being so effective in other games because there (normally) is melee, not all ranged.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-05-2010, 01:23 AM
GO TEAM FED BALL!!!!!!

thank you that is all
Lt. Commander
Now if you all up it make a graet fire work show tjx and keep it up
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Fedball is ideal victim of several powers
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-05-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Hmm.

I kinda feel the real problem with the post is the lack of irony tags in vBulletin.

Kinda like I wanted to write a thread "FvF is way unfiar"..
Please, oh please, let this be it. We've been pounding it into their heads for months that sticking tightly together and working as a team is the only thing that will give them a chance and now it turns out that we should have kept our mouths closed, lol. It's like Klinks. Some are impossible to beat but certainly not all.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Please, oh please, let this be it. We've been pounding it into their heads for months that sticking tightly together and working as a team is the only thing that will give them a chance and now it turns out that we should have kept our mouths closed, lol. It's like Klinks. Some are impossible to beat but certainly not all.
Hehe. I recently wrote in zone chat in a cap & hold: "Seems people are using their RSP a little too early". Someone else said. "Pssst".
Since it was FvF I reminded him that your enemy today might be your ally tomorrow. But of course, he's somewhat right - I am more a casual PvP then a "serious" one (PuGging only, no premades, no PvP Fleet), and I wouldn't want it to become too difficult, right?

Nah, I guess I can live with it getting harder. If all else fails, I can still play Elite PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Can we please get this nerfed so that we don't always face tightly balled up groups of ships?

Most PvP is like this lately, you have to try to drag one of the ships out to fight.

Have the warp fields overload or something.
Yeah cause in combat situations, where the enemy is invisible and could be anywhere, it is best to run off 1 at a time and get killed 5v1 each. Also I remember a lot of ST episodes where the fleet decided to just split up for no tactical reason whatsoever and then all the people died.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Fed ball is a proven tactic. It is far superior to the fed conga line of death ...
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Can we please get this nerfed so that we don't always face tightly balled up groups of ships?

Wwaahhhbulance to Isle Thiaylie for a QQ clean up.....
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3t3rH
Fed ball is a proven tactic. It is far superior to the fed conga line of death ...
I would prefer to call it Fleet Dispersal Pattern Omega