Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-05-2010, 02:34 PM
1. Some parts of my ideas are hard and difficult to implement, some aren't. E.g.: Random loot/craft properties, its not so difficult to realize, but the impact on the entire system and motivation is huge.

2. Im a lifetimer, I've time to wait on a "perfect" crafting system. But Cryptic will do it step by step, I think so.

But thanks for your warnings

My major issue, is to be heared from the devs, putting some of the ideas on their notepad for potential future implementation... thats all. I don't want any statement, that they realize it for sure. And the second issue, I want that the community keep talking about the insufficient crafting system.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Very nice post, very thorough. Let's try and keep it on the front page!

Personally, I love the idea of having crafting tracks that cover all 9 professions in the game, with you getting a bonus for the one you fit the most (from skillpoints)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Very nice post, very thorough. Let's try and keep it on the front page!

Personally, I love the idea of having crafting tracks that cover all 9 professions in the game, with you getting a bonus for the one you fit the most (from skillpoints)
Maybe the Dev's could sticky this to the Organized Approach to Feedback Thread?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalTaxi View Post
In addition to this, the ability to craft non-combat items as well as the ability to use those items to display in various areas of your ship. Also, I'd like to be able to craft clothing for myself, BO's and others for when I'm off duty. This could be added without changing any actual combat mechanics of the game.
Unfortunately, that niche is pretty much the declared realm of the C-store at this point. There hasn't even been a murmur of new off-duty clothing except for the stuff coming to the C-store.

I really like your ideas though. Especially that one, as I actually miss clothes-shopping in Galaxies a lot. But in general what you describe is just a vastly more... alive system than currently exists in game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Unfortunately, that niche is pretty much the declared realm of the C-store at this point. There hasn't even been a murmur of new off-duty clothing except for the stuff coming to the C-store.

I really like your ideas though. Especially that one, as I actually miss clothes-shopping in Galaxies a lot. But in general what you describe is just a vastly more... alive system than currently exists in game.
Yeah. This is my ultimate fear but the hope is, they'll use the c-store for unique items that can't be crafted. It's obvious people want what the c-store offers but they don't have to limit every cosmetic item to it.

As it stands, the "crafting system" isn't a crafting system. It's simply another form of credits traded for an upgrade. No crafting required.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaben View Post
My major issue, is to be heared from the devs, putting some of the ideas on their notepad for potential future implementation... thats all. I don't want any statement, that they realize it for sure. And the second issue, I want that the community keep talking about the insufficient crafting system.
The best way to achieve that is to do like Omega Hunter 9 suggests, and keep it on the front page. Consider this response yet another "bump" for your cause.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-06-2010, 02:31 AM
we will see

The C-Store has to offer only cosmetic items, not more. The Galaxy-X is the limit (maybe beyond).

But please back to the crafting topic
What do you think about that loot-table issue? Do you believe its better as it is? No stupid Itemhunting? Or its better you can get your "ruler-weapon"... <- Nothing directly to do with crafting... but in further consequences...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Hello Xaben



A very good idea.

Is exactly what I want

Hopefully, it read the right people
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Very good post by the OP.

But I would also like to see the ability to craft Consoles added to what we have now.

Plus add in a Random Generator on what Data samples and amount needed to craft an item. As it is now the base Common item price has skyrocketed, along with the Anomolous Data samples to make the items.

Cyptic should add a Master crafter section to what they have now once you complete all Advanced crafting sections. Where you can craft items to Very Rare and also de-craft them back to basic items from Bound items you have. Maybe also be able to Craft Antiproton and Tricobalt type weapons (by addding 2 base item types into the mix), for uncommon or rare grade.

Will leave it at this point for any more suggestions that should be added to Crafting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-06-2010, 07:54 AM
They will add the diplomatic corps... and craig already talked about a technical corps will follow up... there they could implement additionally special crafting or extraction missions...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 PM.