Lt. Commander
# 21
07-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Qoute not possible..too many charakters ...ive comment the the first post of Xaben

Wow, i am very impressed, til read this post. Godd ideas. I must confess that it is too much to comment about it individually. But they all formidable. Your ideas show a direction, which I like very much.

Because i miss the, thats my Crew and my Ship, feeling. Like Silent Hunter III. There is a lack of identification with the crew. This point can not simply absent in STO. Currently it is like Command and Conquer. When it blows up..never mind.

I hop the devs read this post and think....GODLIKE. Let get us to work

Best regards
Rhys Redwater
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-09-2010, 02:06 AM
the identification with your crew... could never been realized as you feel it in the series...but stupid running and passable fighting isn't the way. cryptic have to integrate them, hopefully they will realize in season 2 the first step of it...
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-16-2010, 02:27 AM
i push it a lil bit
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi

Would be nice if you could implement the ideas of the article writer

Wäre schön wenn Sie die Ideen des Artikelschreibers umsetzen könnte
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-22-2010, 01:08 AM
I have another question to you Xaben.

What do you think about the raw material removal in space.

There are plenty on some maps Astoroide.

Why some might not contain Astoroide ores.

Ores that could be use for crafting.

As a supplement to your proposal.

Sigaro

Ich hab da noch eine Frage an dich Xaben

Was hälst du vom rohstoff abbau im Weltraum.
Es gibt auf einigen Karten reichlich Astoroide.
Warum könnten einige Astoroide nicht Erze enthalten.
Erze die man zum Craften nutzen könnte.

Als ergänzung zu deinem Vorschlag.

Sigaro
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Really nice ideas. I like them. I hope they inspire Cryptics developement .

MfG Michael
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-22-2010, 06:14 AM
I don't really see crafting as a 'Trek' kind of thing. I don't remember a lot of it in the shows or movies. Occasionally a character would do something temporary to solve an immediate problem - but this is already reflected in BO and captain powers.

The image of Pickard whittling a custom science console for the bridge or Riker in a spacesuit constructing a new gun on the outside of the enterprise is just silly to me.

Not all MMOs require crafting.

Of course, this is just an opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democratus View Post
I don't really see crafting as a 'Trek' kind of thing. I don't remember a lot of it in the shows or movies. ......
isn't that was Geordie was ALWAYS doing ?

when you say McCoy in his hidey-hole too....wasn't he fiddling with some concoction (besides offering Kirk drinks...) or contraptions ?

Data is ALWAYS doing some sort of research project....

Werent Tucker and Reed ALWAYS fiddling to make some new kind of gadget or torpedo ?

Wesley always had some.........."SHUT UP WESLEY !!!"

anyway.... I noticed a lot of it..... theres more .... but I cant think of em at the moment
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
isn't that was Geordie was ALWAYS doing ?
He was doing his job, keeping the ship running and its systems at optimal performance. That's not the same thing as gathering crap from around the galaxy and building a disruptor bank (which shouldn't be mountable on a starfleet-owned vessel anyway).

Quote:
when you say McCoy in his hidey-hole too....wasn't he fiddling with some concoction (besides offering Kirk drinks...) or contraptions ?
He was studying medicine and treating patients, as was his job description. I can't remember an episode of TOS where McCoy comes out and says, "Hey, Jim, I just built a new deflector dish for the ship."

Quote:
Data is ALWAYS doing some sort of research project....
He had a lot of hobbies: painting, violin, programming, cat care, etc. But he didn't sculpt a new non-standard photon topredo launcher and mount it on the Enterprise.

Quote:
Wesley always had some.........."SHUT UP WESLEY !!!"
Hehe! Funny thing is...I almost discussed Wesley in my post above. He was the only example of a crafter I could find - and he was the most annoying character in the crew. I do not want to play Wesley Crusher: Online.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democratus View Post
I don't really see crafting as a 'Trek' kind of thing. I don't remember a lot of it in the shows or movies.
Right. And those spaceships were always there as were the stations, the personal equipment, the laboratories... All of it was always already there. Give me a break.

The only thing I find unTrek like in crafting is the idea that captains have the time to do it. Sure, I can see them tinker but it was always someone other than a captain that was doing the real creation. further more it was people not on ships doing that creation. People on ships mostly refined the designs.

A more Trek approach would be having dedicated crafting classes doing crafting and creation and ship captains doing tinkering like stuff, item enhancement, as they do at MA.

Give us our noncombat crafting classes, please. That would be Trek crafting