Lt. Commander
# 81
11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
sounds nice... crafting in your engineering room should be possible, but the best results you will got on a research facility like memory alpha... there could be a better chance to get a better result... but it takes more time.
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryecrash View Post
Crafting Location:
Why do we have to go someplace to craft when we are flying around in these technological wonders?
Don't we all have engineering departments and science labs in our ships? Why can't we use those to craft in? Each type of crafting can be done in a different room.
I agree. The Mem Alpha items should definitely move to a compartment or facility in the ship. Memory Alpha should be expanded to a more legitimate and unique crafting experience. From what Gozer talked about in the new STOked, it seems like Cryptic is moving in a new direction.

I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 83
11-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The particles are rare... and I know that at the very least the designer has hooked up perks for finding x number of rare particles... and then I believe that kicks off another thing... but I don't have all the details.
Aaaaand... back to this...

There's been talk that the rare particles will be used for more than the accolade, and that they won't. I believe the last word was that they won't.

Can we get an absolute confirmation on this? I have a bundle of these things and it would be nice to know, for sure, that throwing them away won't end up being a bad idea and biting me in the butt.
Lt. Commander
# 84
11-11-2010, 06:29 AM
not only the rare traces... dstahl talked about a revamp, not only the 3 new items... and in the new jeuxonline interview they talked about "unique" items... o.O hopefully variable stats...
Lt. Commander
# 85
11-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Expanding the number white item types that can be used in crafting would be nice, being able to boost or brake down an item Mk level one level from an odd number to an even number,
crafting other types of ship shields and opening up the weapons so the higher levels of those items can be

Brakeing down an item would be interesting, like an uncommon item becoming a white and a [Mod],
Makeing a pached item by geting a [Mod] and adding it to an uncommon item, prone to brakeing on advanced or Elite,(such an alteration would be costly but interesting), makeing enginering captains have a talent that other captains dont have,