Lt. Commander
# 11
07-05-2010, 02:56 PM
i am on the winning team (mostly because of ME!) so i vote for -- YES balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think PVP is balanced. But it has nothing to do with faction. Or even powers all that much.

Just some basic design flaws. That need some serious tweaking.

Like I don't think the way resources work in cap and hold salvage operation maps makes a lot of sense.

I think Shantytown is an amazing example of the developers trying to add flavor to PVP but still demonstrating that PVP needs more tweaks.

I think the issue with queues demonstrates it's not balanced.

No, it's not balanced.

But in terms of federation vs. KDF ... I've not found it to be an issue. It makes for good and entertaining threads. That are fun to read. But no, that's not much of an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
It's more balanced now then it's ever been so I'm going to go with

Yes.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I think it is balanced as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes it is!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Are you talking about pug imbalance or premade imbalance? 0.o
Lt. Commander
# 17 In general
07-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Are you talking about pug imbalance or premade imbalance? 0.o
I was asking in general if everyone feels if it is balanced. Because in the time that I play my experience is that the Klingons win 100% of all Capture and Holds without losing any points.

To me that sudgests that there is something wrong and an imbalace in a severe way has accured.

But so far either everyone replying is Klingon or I am wrong in my assessment.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelenan View Post
I was asking in general if everyone feels if it is balanced. Because in the time that I play my experience is that the Klingons win 100% of all Capture and Holds without losing any points.

To me that sudgests that there is something wrong and an imbalace in a severe way has accured.

In general Feds move as a Herd from point to point. In the meantime Klings capture the remaining points. When Feds move to the next point, Klings just take the point they just left.

This is the case in 90% of PUGs I am in. PvP is balanced, the Problem is Fed Ships have built in magnets that somehow keep them together.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Quote:
The following are feds that have said pvp is balanced. Your assessment is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
QFT
As a fed none-the-less;

2000 word english papers on the other hand are friggin' op.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3t3rH
I play both and I say YES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
LtC-Capt. Yes. End game FvK, I lean twords No. Mostly because the huge numbers that the fed side has, most of wich just started PvPing and as Im sure we all no, suck.

LtC-Capt ranks are some of the best PvP matches Ive had. Wether its FvF or FvK. the weapons/consoles/boffs arent too crazy and there are many different set-ups you can have to win. End game it seems if you dont have the right stuff you'll never make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I don't think PVP is balanced. But it has nothing to do with faction. Or even powers all that much.

Just some basic design flaws. That need some serious tweaking.

Like I don't think the way resources work in cap and hold salvage operation maps makes a lot of sense.

I think Shantytown is an amazing example of the developers trying to add flavor to PVP but still demonstrating that PVP needs more tweaks.

I think the issue with queues demonstrates it's not balanced.

No, it's not balanced.

But in terms of federation vs. KDF ... I've not found it to be an issue. It makes for good and entertaining threads. That are fun to read. But no, that's not much of an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
It's more balanced now then it's ever been so I'm going to go with

Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
Yes it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogital View Post
In general Feds move as a Herd from point to point. In the meantime Klings capture the remaining points. When Feds move to the next point, Klings just take the point they just left.

This is the case in 90% of PUGs I am in. PvP is balanced, the Problem is Fed Ships have built in magnets that somehow keep them together.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Admittedly most of my pvp experience is on the klingon side, but I have pvp'ed on my feds from time to time. Honestly I personally do just as well on the fed side as I do on the klingon side, its usually the team on the fed side that lets me down. i'll throw out team invites whenever I get into a match but some just refuse to accept them and then go off on their own.

Cap and hold does have a small problem with the cloak on klingon side. Unless they are actually capping or fighting you don't know where the klingons are usually, as a klingon however its fairly easy to keep track of the majority of the feds and you can plan your attack easier. Feds however don't want to head to a point on their own and risk getting ganked so they stay grouped up more often than not and that just makes you lose.

Over all though in my experience pvp (at least before tier 5) is pretty well balanced.