Lt. Commander
# 1 Fed Sci Venturer Build
07-05-2010, 10:24 PM
I have been bored the last few nights. So I have been playing with an old fed sci that is pretty much retired. Here is a build for you fed sci guys to play with. This is a klink killer... I should probably not be posting this build. Then again your all going to think I'm insane anyway.

Reconnaissance Science Vessel
Forward weapons
3 Transphasic Torps (Thats right)

Rear Weapons
2 Transphasic Mine (Thats right)
1 Transphasic Torp (Yep)

There are a few things that make this a klink killer.
1)Charged Particle Burst III
2)Tachyon Beam
3)Tractor Beam
4)Insanely High Aux
5)Weapons That ignore Alpha Striking RSP Glows

Your a sci ship... put down that beam array it will do you no good. Really its a pea shooter.. Chank you Aux and Shield. Done

Lay the mines and look for movement. If they move head over there and use the CPB.

The transphasic weapons will do good dmg through shields (They really are misunderstood they get 30% bleed through) With CPB and Tachyon they are going to hit hull often enough. With no silly beam weapons run 3 Transphasic consoles. Really planting 1200k hits every 3 seconds with full torp spend in transphasic is workable... and with high yield and beta running, much better then I expected.

TIP FEDS... if you have a klink cloak away follow the torpedo trail. With 3 Torps up front you will be firing 1 every 3 seconds... it takes 3 seconds to cloak. You are almost guaranteed to have a trail to follow. Evasive to the torp and hit your CPB if its up or Sensor scan, With full aux not many klinks are getting away.

Place the 3 tac powers in tray 5 slots 1 2 3 and use this keybind
/bind space "+TrayExecByTray 4 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 2 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps"

Place the 2 Emergency Power to Shields in Tray 4 Slots 1 and 2 and use this keybind
/bind q "+TrayExecByTray 3 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 1 $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields"

This is a team build, it will SUCK at PvE (Unless you team). Use your TSS 2 and HZ 2 all the time... heal people if you don't need it... and man run a shield with some REG you are going to have stupid high shield power all the time.
Trust me this works... and mine is back in the garage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Venturer_(P68)

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...4-55-88-104-@0

EDIT - SAVE the tractor beam for around the time the CPB runs out and the klink could try and cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-06-2010, 01:35 AM
you know why its a klink killer? cause klinks have crappy shields and hull. try it against a fed and it wont work
iŽll have to test transphasics on tribble someday...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Im using something similar. However i prefer flexible builds :-)

Recon sci ship (25/50/25/100)
2x +6 aux consoles
3x sensor arrray consoles (grandfathered), 1x astrometrics
3x torpedo consoles

Dual beam, quantum torp, tricobalt torp
beam, quantum torp, tricobalt mine

BO1 (have to use weapon battery :-))))
HYT1,APB1
EP-S1,AUX to Dampeners I

HE1, Tykens I, HE 3, Charged particle burst 3
tractor beam 1, tractor repulsors 1, TSS 3

Highlights, charged particle burst 4,5k shield aoe dmg, sensor scan 123%+beta its -150% dmg.

Alot of very tasteless combos possible, good for tanking, good for team healing, awesome for fedball disruption
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellfxxx
you know why its a klink killer? cause klinks have crappy shields and hull. try it against a fed and it wont work
iŽll have to test transphasics on tribble someday...
Indeed this is far more effective vs Klinks.
I just have been listening to so many feds crying lately that we klinks are overpowered.
This while they are playing cruisers online.
Fed Cruiser teams are going to loose pretty much everytime.
However throw in one Fed sci ship, playing a bit of chaos and things can flip pretty quick.

When I tested this build, the poor klink test subjects had no idea what to do.
They would almost all hit RSP after I landed a nice Transphasic crit for 2-3k direct to hull when they had full shield.
I didn't even bother subnoobing their RSP, WHY. It was funny using tachyon and or CPB to remove their shield even though they where glowing green.
I subnoobed them when they got their CSV going instead.

If a few more fed pug players in their sci / cruisers would run a sci ship and subnoob attacking klinks, instead of green glowing retreating ones. They would have great success. As a klink I can say that a sci ship is a tough nut to crack with the shield bonus, they should have time to save a fed ball by noobing the CSV spitting klink.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-06-2010, 08:03 AM
A lot of Klingons don't do well in the hull healing department. Of course many Feds have the same problem. It sounds like you're just facing people who don't have a clue really.

1 on 1, I would imagine my Negh'var would kick you to the curb every time, because hey I have hull heals, including aux to SIF 3.

In a team, I don't think I would notice. Focus firing will kill every time, and you aren't going to do much damage other than to my shields.

Why? Transphasics. They suck. If you go through all that effort to reduce shields, you should not be screwing around with transphasics. You're still better off with quantums for similar bleedthrough and much better direct hull damage, and maybe pairing them with tetryon turrets for extra shield reduction proc goodness. But to avoid healing through RSP, full quantums would still work, or even 2 quant torps, 2 quant mines and 2x tricobalts.

I've done the full transphasic loadout before in my science ship and have been completely unimpressed. Its a nice idea, but honestly until they improve transphasics, there isn't a real point to them.

Yes, transphasics should be a great counter to RSP, but they aren't. Unfortunately Cryptic and so many players seem to think RSP is the problem rather than the counters.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Yes, transphasics should be a great counter to RSP, but they aren't. Unfortunately Cryptic and so many players seem to think RSP is the problem rather than the counters.
I know that they seem silly... I have called them stupid more then once. Thing is they can be useful only if you overload them. With 3 you spit 1 every 3 seconds. With full spend they hit for 3800 with no shield... now multiply that by .3 (20 bonus + 10 bleed) That is a 1140 hit through shields... now remove sheilds and you hit some on hull... they also crit. I have hit 4k on people with full shields. They also work nice with Beta... and with a full aux full point spend sensor scan.... they really do a lot more damage then I though they would. You could build the same thing with Quantums... or plasma.. you could even use 2 photons and spit them every 3 seconds 2 with the lower cool down.
Its just funny to see the inexperenced bop drivers hit their RSP, or try other silly things to save themselves.

I will admit this takes a long time to kill a cruiser... and forget about PvE.
However most of the klink bop drivers don't know how to counter this one. Still it is really not a great 1 on 1 build.