Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
While I fully agree with Cryptic disallowing tribble use for Klingons I'm a bit unhappy about the faction restriction for the Golden Tribble and the Pet Targ. On the Federation side I have twelve species that can use a Tribble (if I would play them ) and one that can't. So far so good. Now on the Klingon side I have access to seven species that can use a tribble and one that can't. Yep, on both sides those who can use Tribbles outnumber those who can't. So it would actually help balancing if the tribble were available for both sides (the Klingon race is balanced anyway because it's pure awesome ).
On the other hand the targ pub is so far the only vanity pet in the game. And there isn't a real reason to disallow it for the Federation. The Federation has Klingons who would keep them, and they seem to be pretty popular in children's holoprograms.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-06-2010, 03:19 AM
very much agreed on this. would love to see my orion's get the riv

what i would really like to see however is for the targ to give "similar" bonuses as the tribble. would balance the buffs for the factions. instead of a dmg buff however, i would like to see the targ pup actually assist in combat for minimum damage, and would like to see it breedable into different models of targs or at least grow from a targ pup to a full targ increasing modifiers accordingly. would be great
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2010, 06:46 PM
I would prefer the complete elimination of Tribbles on the Klingon side and replace them with Targs because I'm pretty sure Klingons not only hate Tribbles, but Tribbles don't like Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 07:37 PM
If you want a tribble, make a referral and use the "Photonic Tribble" on your klingon. I understand they are usable.

Targs are PETS, they give no benefit except providing you full belley of food should they mishave.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Surely it would be easy to make the targ give a buff the same as the tribble when summoned, it just makes it look like Cryptic are treating Klingons as second class citizens........as usual.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I would prefer the complete elimination of Tribbles on the Klingon side and replace them with Targs because I'm pretty sure Klingons not only hate Tribbles, but Tribbles don't like Klingons.
I tend to agree but I'm sure the targs are not something that would work well in a combat situation. I would rather see the Klings get a ceremonial dagger or something like that they can "rub" for a buff. Nonetheless I would like to see the targ on the Fed side for Klingon Fed players. Anyway for those that play none Klingon race toons on the Klingon side they should have access to the tribble. Now about making tribbles not available to Klingons on the Fed side...
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
If you want a tribble, make a referral and use the "Photonic Tribble" on your klingon. I understand they are usable.

Targs are PETS, they give no benefit except providing you full belley of food should they mishave.
I don't want tribbles for Klingons (I already have the Tribble of Borg), and I don't want targs that buff anything. This is about the non-Klingons in the Klingon faction. I can't remember the Orions, Nausicaans and Gorn trying to exterminate tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2010, 04:53 AM
I don't really want tribbles for my Klingon but I do think it's odd that my Orion can't claim my Bust Buy tribble. My Klingon shouldn't be able to, I agree. But my Orion? And my Fed Kink, why can't Fed Klinks claim the targ pet... it's useless.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyllus View Post
I don't really want tribbles for my Klingon but I do think it's odd that my Orion can't claim my Bust Buy tribble. My Klingon shouldn't be able to, I agree. But my Orion? And my Fed Kink, why can't Fed Klinks claim the targ pet... it's useless.

That is called lack of attention to detail. Many parts of the game suffer greatly from it sadly enough.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Yes, but that would only apply to.. you know.. Klingons... There are several other races in the Faction including a non-specific Alien race, that should have no reason to be prevented access to the tribbles.

Saith