Lt. Commander
# 11
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I would suggest killingmesoftlys turn on the dime thread for those, galaxy-x cannon users, alltho I hate this ship and try to blow them up whenever i can.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I like this ship, in fact I'd prefer that the regular ol' Galaxy was the T5, but I too enjoy blowing them up. Finding one while it's still cloaked can be rather satisfying. XD
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Is this overall or total damage? If so, one of the other cruisers can top that.
Only if it's a badly flown Gal-X. Decloaking gives you a 15% damage bonus, along with being able to attack them before they initiate their buffs. When they finally do, they can be down to half their health giving you a distinct advantage.

So yes, more damage then a cruiser if used correctly. I'd upload some score charts, but unfortunately it seems it only accepts txt files.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I like this ship, in fact I'd prefer that the regular ol' Galaxy was the T5, but I too enjoy blowing them up. Finding one while it's still cloaked can be rather satisfying. XD
QFT I really loved doing it on klinks as my sci but on unsuspecting feds is funner.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Side note I really don't see many feds using their sensor scan to find klinks anymore. This used to happen all the time. I know its nice to save it for the dmg bonus... but really catching someone off guard is way more useful.
I agree, however, by the time this works you are almost already being fired upon. The chance of actually revealing a BoP versus the cooldown time versus the damage bonus really is a wash. I prefer to use it to give my team the damage bonus since I rarely ever find a BoP with it. I run at 75+ AUX, often over 100 and am still not seeing the cloaked ships quick enough for this tactic. This might be why Feds have held onto it instead of using it more.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus1 View Post
I agree, however, by the time this works you are almost already being fired upon. The chance of actually revealing a BoP versus the cooldown time versus the damage bonus really is a wash. I prefer to use it to give my team the damage bonus since I rarely ever find a BoP with it. I run at 75+ AUX, often over 100 and am still not seeing the cloaked ships quick enough for this tactic. This might be why Feds have held onto it instead of using it more.
Thats a good point. I have noticed and I guess I do the same... klinks seem to be a lot more rush in and gun lately. There are so many new ways to have instant on power in 1.2 I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendiak
Only if it's a badly flown Gal-X. Decloaking gives you a 15% damage bonus, along with being able to attack them before they initiate their buffs. When they finally do, they can be down to half their health giving you a distinct advantage.

So yes, more damage then a cruiser if used correctly. I'd upload some score charts, but unfortunately it seems it only accepts txt files.
Not really seeing it play out on the scorecard. It could be due to the fact that the Galaxy X is now a huge bullseye and dies more than a nondescript sovereign or star cruiser. And thus spends more time out of combat, and thus has lower overall damage.

Or it could be that the cloak and the phaser lance do not make up for the console and weapon slot differences?

Either way, I'm just not seeing the Galaxy X topping the scorecard in overall damage. And of course, now would be a great time for me to use the fun counter-argument that assault cruisers only do less overall damage because they are poorly flown assault cruisers. Kind of like back in grammar school when learning how fractions cancelled each other out.