Lt. Commander
# 21
07-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Racism is a sad development in the gaming world. We should report it whenever possible - or gank the person using such terms to show our solidarity against racism.
i dont belive in racism but i do belive in stupididty and we all know there is no cure for stupididty atleast yet or wait ok *hides*

http://westernexperience.files.wordp.../stupidity.jpg

just a picture to illustrate
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
It isn't right for any of those things. Sadly too many people don't see it that way, but a lot of us do. Use it to refer to me or my family in casual conversation and we've got a problem. Only someone of low intelligence and class would think it was ok in game channels. Still confused?
The sad truth of the matter is there will always be stupid people who say stupid things about other people's race, gender, religion, etc, etc. However, when you allow what they say to effect the way you feel, then you give them power over you, and in doing give them exactly what they want.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
I'll have you know I'm black and I have no problem with people saying "yo ****** sup" to me etc...
so there.

ok that just takes the biscuit, censoring niger with two gs.
I feel sad for you
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
Also, using racist language has little to do with education alone, or in and of itself.
I have to disagree with you on that one. If people were truly aware of the history of that word and the meaning it carries (i.e. educated about it) they might not use it so casually.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms9809 View Post
I have to disagree with you on that one. If people were truly aware of the history of that word and the meaning it carries (i.e. educated about it) they might not use it so casually.
Sir or madam..whichever one.... an online game forum is no place to have this discussion. The simple point is... you cant do anything about it except report it. Delving into discussion about the meaning and this and that will only fuel fire.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms9809 View Post
I have to disagree with you on that one.

I am sorry you were offended. Now that it has been vented, can we all move on to the next horrific/offensive thing?
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
I have to disagree with you on that one.

I am sorry you were offended. Now that it has been vented, can we all move on to the next horrific/offensive thing?
Your forum avatar hath offended me.
The sheer pinkness and brightness of it thereof hath burnt mine eyes, and given me great pain in my head...
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The difference is this game has rules against profanity while those things you mentioned do not. Therefore, anyone who wants to play this game has to follow the rules, or be kicked out.
That's not all people get kicked for here in STO land. Trying to speak the truth will do that as well... At least, that's what I've heard...
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The sad truth of the matter is there will always be stupid people who say stupid things about other people's race, gender, religion, etc, etc. However, when you allow what they say to effect the way you feel, then you give them power over you, and in doing give them exactly what they want.
I understand your point, but I guess I just look at things differently than you.

When you don't allow what someone says have an impact on you then you do nothing about it. Ignoring things causes nothing to change.

Some people don't seem to understand why I would make this post....I guess because this type of behavior is almost always ignored (like you say to do) and its frustrating. Topics like this should be discussed.
Closed Thread