Lt. Commander
# 31
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengul
The interview is good and Stahl seems like a nice fella however he had to say that majority of klingons are pvpers but few want pve stuff.

Now when I look at PvP qeues and see stuff like 15 feds and 1 or 2 klingons in them I do not really see that pvp majority. For pve it is also hard to get people to do STFs. I am in europe so I do play on different time than americans but even so I tend to have a couple of sleepless nights a week and in them I have not noticed any difference.

I will reserve judgement until patch arrives but something is surely wrong if the klingon pvp majority does not do what it supposedly wants and pve minority is nowhere to be seen.

As for adding new factions I really would rather have them be in game already and waiting for pve like klingons than have them planned for the distant future.
There would NEVER be equal numbers playing Klingon and Federation.

2-15 would suggest that about 11% of players are Klingon. The numbers I've heard suggest that it's around 15% and it was never more than around 20%.

So.... 15% of players are Klingon but only 4% of players are PvE-only Klingons. Just as a rough guess. So over two thirds of Klingons are PvPers only. The majority of Klingons. I think that's what dstahl is getting at.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
To Tiuz, I play a bg nasuicaan and dont actally have or even plan to have any active fed chars so what I wrote was what I see in the queue on red side.

Well I got one cardassian engineer on fed but I will probably wait for Cardassian faction before leveling it more than first couple of ranks.

My post was not one of those fed klingons are hiding cowards things that pop on forums but more that I dislike seeing such low klingon numbers in qeues.

As for factions I would rather level my Cardassian the way I did on Klingon pvp/exploration side than play the fed one till proper faction comes. Just my preference. Yeah it was grind and yeah it sucked at times but it beats wearing federation uniform and pushing their agenda through their pve missions.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
There would NEVER be equal numbers playing Klingon and Federation.

2-15 would suggest that about 11% of players are Klingon. The numbers I've heard suggest that it's around 15% and it was never more than around 20%.

So.... 15% of players are Klingon but only 4% of players are PvE-only Klingons. Just as a rough guess. So over two thirds of Klingons are PvPers only. The majority of Klingons. I think that's what dstahl is getting at.
Yep, I too think that's what he's getting at - the current number and makeup of KDF players. I played a Klingon during beta, but didn't make one once the game went Live because I'm not a hardcore PvP; and honestly didn't want top play a character where that was the only way to Level. I WAS going to start a Klingon after Season 1.0 hit (and added some Klingon Star Cluster PvE); but when I heard the plans for Serason 2.0 (and beyond); and the decision to make Klingons into a full faction with PvP and PvE choices available; I held off again until Season 2.0.

I'm going top be testing the Klingon stuff once Season 2.0 hits Tribble, by actually starting my Klingon there; and once Season 2.0 hits Live; I will make a Klingon character. I don't suck at, or hate PvP; I just didn't like the idea of grinding 40+ levels by mostly just PvP matches.

Also, I DO think it will dilute klingon PvP, as many PvE players just don't get that PvP often requires a slightly different mindset; and BOTH Federation and KDF players need to employ diffrent tacticas and teamwork; and it's not at all hard to be successful on either side at PvP as long as you have team members able to coordinate and work together.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
u got my support. but this needs to happend;
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=157357
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Sorry Vengul, I didn't mean to offend you. Your post sounded a bit like "Who needs klingon PvE? Get me a third faction!", so I assumed you didn't play a klingon (like many other players).

But good luck waiting for the cardis. It will probably take a long time until they are implemented, as the romulans are supposed to come first. I'm waiting for the cardassians too, but romulans are a bit cooler.