Lt. Commander
# 21
07-07-2010, 04:36 AM
They tried a rep system on the City of Heroes board. It failed miserably. "Oh, you said something I don't like. Negative rep." Seriously. I got like four negative rep posts for saying that Captain America was my favorite super hero.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-07-2010, 04:41 AM
I understand that career officer comes with LTS, but what qualifies junior member / member / senior member? Time subscribed?

Thanks, Waff
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Better to judge people on the content of their posts rather than the volume.
QFT!

20 or 30k posts on a forum mean nothing if a majority of it is just spam, trolling (again, spam...), or hating basically.

On the flip side if someone actually does that amount of engaging and beneficial posting the community in these games usually wind up recognizing them. Example: Everyone use's <incert name> ultimate guide to <enter item> because they just nailed it. It's been stickied ever since.

Batty's 2 cents on it anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Search posts by user. The number of results'll give you the post count. Better yet, if you show results as posts, you can glance over and spot how many are just "LOL/10char" posts.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Can post counting be enabled somewhere? I belive that it is important to have it so that everyone knows who are the people who contribute the most with the forum.
Having a large post count has nothing to do with contributing, there are folks who make 1 post that has more value than 500 posts from some other person.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
They tried a rep system on the City of Heroes board. It failed miserably. "Oh, you said something I don't like. Negative rep." Seriously. I got like four negative rep posts for saying that Captain America was my favorite super hero.
hehe... true true.

Lt. Commander
# 27
07-07-2010, 08:04 AM
ha,ha,ha I find this post humorous, there's a person asking about knowing his/their count, another saying it was in but removed, and pages of people agreeing or disagreeing,but only those two were really important. We all like to hear/see ourselves talk that's all 90% of these comments are,and I agree that some people can say more in 5 posts than others can all day long. Vulcans would get a smile (secretly) from some of the threads here, and that says something..lol.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser711
ha,ha,ha I find this post humorous, there's a person asking about knowing his/their count, another saying it was in but removed, and pages of people agreeing or disagreeing,but only those two were really important. We all like to hear/see ourselves talk that's all 90% of these comments are,and I agree that some people can say more in 5 posts than others can all day long. Vulcans would get a smile (secretly) from some of the threads here, and that says something..lol.
wut ?

Lt. Commander
# 29
07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Agreed.

Post+1
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Amen absolutely agree