Lt. Commander
# 11
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM
There isn't anything official yet, but the ship class poll winner Excelsior is supposed to make it in game for season 2. It hasn't been confirmed, yet the devs and gm's haven't denied it either.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
That would be fantastic - but I wonder how long into Season 2 it will be, if at all. I really wish a dev could give us a comment on that!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Personally i THINK they have added all the ships that you can add..(Excelsior/Obearth/Nebula) Exception. If you want CANON! And i prefer just that CANON. Not to fond of these weird ass looking ships, i like to be able to identify with ships that i have seen, seems more comfortiable.

A friend and i chatted about this, and came to the conclusion that MORE ships = BAD!
MORE variants/ T5 compatiable lower tier ships = AWESOME!

For instance.
T5 pvp you rollup in a T2 Enterprise, Klingon T3 K'Tinga. Obviously scaled to youre rank. THAT way you GET the usage outta lower tier ships and adds MORE possibilites in Higher PVP/PVE gaming. It really has WIN WIN written all over it

Regards
Mike
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbre View Post
Also, will the new T-5 Intrepid, Defiant, and Galaxy look any different, or will the powers just be different and more powerful?
For what it's worth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Please please please please PLEASE (as in down on my knees begging you PLEASE!)

Don't have Intrepids with mutated limbs, or Defiants with squid tentacles, or Galaxies that look like the offspring of Pizza the Hut and Bowser.

Please, whatever additions you guys have added, I know they're great (ok, I don't know, I'm a skeptic), let us have (the OPTION! to) only vanilla ice cream recreations of the iconic ships.

Some like Rocky Road, some like to eat living octopi whole, I just like canon ships (hence why I'm in a sovereign).

These are super duper vanilla and CapnLogan has put his seal of approval on them. We want these to be recognizable and have powers that you'll recognize.

Source
Apparently they will look typical of the Class, or if anything even more true to the models of the show.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the quote there - I wonder then, what the difference will be appearance-wise, between the lower-tiered Defiant, Galaxy, and Intrepid, and the T-5 ones?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
T5 Galaxy/Intrepid/Defiant and MAYBE the Nebula (but only cause the Nebula is so similar to the Galaxy it would be easiest to implement.) and a T5 Klingon Fek'lhr ship...no clue what that is either.
All I heard was Nebula
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbre View Post
Thanks for the quote there - I wonder then, what the difference will be appearance-wise, between the lower-tiered Defiant, Galaxy, and Intrepid, and the T-5 ones?
So far there is no word of a difference. They are billed as "refits" so I'd imagine they can't even be disproportionate to the T4 ships. If these truly are as vanilla as can be, then the most it could be is that they will be updated models, closer to how the ships are depicted in their respective series. So... tiny tweaks. And that's assuming the T4 models aren't updated to match the new T5s.

They could all be entirely identical.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
So far there is no word of a difference. They are billed as "refits" so I'd imagine they can't even be disproportionate to the T4 ships. If these truly are as vanilla as can be, then the most it could be is that they will be updated models, closer to how the ships are depicted in their respective series. So... tiny tweaks. And that's assuming the T4 models aren't updated to match the new T5s.

True, but it seems that most of the "refits" that we have seen Trek wise (Connie, Excelsior, Galaxy) all had major changes done to them being an almost completely new design (Connie) or adding "Cheeks", new impluse engines and minor details (Excelsior), to a 3rd warp nacelle, Cannons, phaser lance, cloak, more phasers and minor details.

Guess it is up to Cryptic, but I can tell you and them this, I DO NOT WANT EVERY LOWER TIER SHIP TO HAVE A 3RD NACELLE AND BE CALLED "NEW" OR "REFIT"

The Defiant with a 3rd engine strapped to the roof is not cool by any standards!
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post

By every indication, all those tier 5 variants will look the same as their Tier 4 counterparts. Both will benefit from the improved designs (which apparantly will include at least moveable warp nacelles for the Intrepid class, but might also include Saucer Seperation?)

I figure the tier 5 variants of these ships will get similar hull, shields, console and weapon slots then the other tier 5 ships of their kind. Or they get special abilities to compensate (Ablative Armor Generator, Battle Cloak, Saucer Seperation?)
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
T5 Galaxy/Intrepid/Defiant and MAYBE the Nebula (but only cause the Nebula is so similar to the Galaxy it would be easiest to implement.) and a T5 Klingon Fek'lhr ship...no clue what that is either.
On the Nebula issue, the New Orleans class is extremely similar to the Galaxy class (the model using for TNG shooting was bitbashed, along with a few extras, from 2 Galaxy class ERTL kits). When's THAT going to be added?