Lt. Commander
# 21
07-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
More ships are coming. A couple from the recent ship poll as well as some new ones that will come out further into Season 2.

We have no plans to stop making ships anytime soon and 2 dedicated ship model artists working on ships to for STO every day. (this goes for costumes as well)

Keep in mind that they also create all of the non-player ships in game - such as all the ships flown by your enemies. The Fek'ihri have awesome ships, as do the enemies in the Weekly Series 1. There are also some new alien ships and creatures that you'll see in Fluidic space.

I'd also like to see the team tackle some more "parts" to add more customization options to popular existing ships as well.
from Dstahl earlier
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-07-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
T5 Galaxy/Intrepid/Defiant and MAYBE the Nebula (but only cause the Nebula is so similar to the Galaxy it would be easiest to implement.) and a T5 Klingon Fek'lhr ship...no clue what that is either.
Fek`lhr sounds awful like the Feklar (in ST armada that was the klingon sci ship) it was slow not very strong but had some really good specials (ion storm) was the best
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-07-2010, 02:31 AM
There is a saucer separation sound effect in the pre-patch (and an ablative armor one, too).
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
Fek`lhr sounds awful like the Feklar (in ST armada that was the klingon sci ship) it was slow not very strong but had some really good specials (ion storm) was the best

I use to love A2 all the races had their + points!

Tactical Fusion Cube

Shadow tech: Holo-emitter

Sovereign tech: Corbomite Reflector

Transwarp Gate in to there base.

Or 8472

1X Behemoth with X15 Battleship (per group) using Transient Rift WTF!
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM
As others have said, the T5 versions of the T3 ships are said to be in the works, though I think it would be easier - and much less redundant - to just simply give players the ability to upgrade lower grade ships so they can support a T5 setup, if the player wants to keep their favorites. This feature is said to be in the works as well.

Though I have not seen anything about it, the Excelsior *may* be added, especially since it narrowly won the last poll we had. No guarantees, as I said, I've seen no word from the devs on this.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Id love a t5 akira or nebula I still find it strange the akira isnt a higher grade then the defiant.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
They are adding more ships that are equal to the Galaxy-X. This poses a few questions for myself due to Galaxy-X having its unique powers and abilities.

Will they simply make new skins and put more slots in? Or will these new ships also have unique abilities?

Im hoping the latter and expecting the former.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dielaughing
Id love a t5 akira or nebula I still find it strange the akira isnt a higher grade then the defiant.
Never understood this either other than the fact the Cryptic didnt want all the QQing from the Defiant fans out there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-07-2010, 10:47 PM
I guess I always assumed that the Excelsior would be in the same tier as the Connie, Excalibur, and Vesper. Do you all think that's the case, or that it will be in a higher tier?

I really hope this makes it in for the Season 2 launch. I would pay good money for it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Other than having 2 engines instead of 4, there should be no reason why the Excelsior or its refit should not be a T3.