Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
i would love to have the first contact missions and the non combat ones for our side too :/
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd settle with them giving us access to the "social" systems... with our weapons enabled.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyto View Post
I'd settle with them giving us access to the "social" systems... with our weapons enabled.
ill settle for us not to be boxed in
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
When I see what the Federation is expecte to get, includin new Tier 5 ships, the list I what I would have liked to see in Season gets even longer, but as the Dev seem to be obviously ignoring the Klingon.

8 missions andt he few weeklys aren't much we get, while the Feds alīready know what they might get after season, including cloaking for their ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Wow.... are you kidding? Whether you like it or not (I can already say 'not' will be the reply) the Federation are and likely will always be the major attraction of the game. Does that mean that the KDF side should be ignored? No, and they aren't ignored despite what you'd like to think. They are trying to push content out for *both* factions but unless you want a carbon copy of "go here, scan five things" and "go here, shoot five things" you'll have to wait. At launch it was poor and it still is but this isn't the end of them trying to rectify that, it's the start.

They can't and won't stop all Federation content creation just to concentrate on the KDF side no matter how much you want them to. You're getting a decent amount of content that will be built up further as time goes by. There are perhaps five or six missions that are really good and memorable that I can think of from my time levelling three characters to RA5. The rest are largely forgettable with a fair amount of the "scan / shoot five things" thrown in with slightly different wording. You're expecting too much and I can understand why after the lack of ways to level you've had so far but you also seem to be looking at this as the only things they're going to add before deciding they're finished with the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis113
i would love to have the first contact missions and the non combat ones for our side too :/
Now hang on a second. If ya want that then go play fed but not klingon. We are conquerors not explorers.

The other thing is. Season 2 is not even on tribble yet ( perhaps itīs downloadable right now already....dunno cause Iīm at work) and the people start whining already.
I mean WTF is wrong with you?
8 missions is not much thats right but itīs a step into the right direction and weīll be getting more of this hopefully.
And yes of course the feds will be their main focus as itīs the majority ot the players base.
What I donīt like is how we have been treated till now but Iīm positively looking forward to season 2 and beyond.

Just donīt whine about a thing thats not even on air now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
... If ya want that then go play fed but not klingon.
No.

--Arrive in System, Objective: Scan the Planet--

"Captain, Scans have revealed that this planet is very rich in duratanium and dilithium. We have been ordered to conquer it in the name of the Empire."

--Beam Down and "survey"

"Captain, our scouts have made contact with a indigenous race on this planet. They are inferior to us technologically, but could make worthy additions to the Empire. They may interfere with mining operations in the area."

Options:

1) Exterminate the indigenous race

Mission Updates, Eliminate 5 Groups of Indigenous Lifeforms; Destroy 5 Dwellings

2) Talk to Tribal Elders - "Diplomacy"

Mission Updates, Talk to Tribal Elders, options either lead to Exterminate the Indigenous Lifeforms OR Engage Elder in Ritual Combat. Ritual Combat has a chance of awarding one of the locals as a new BO.

3) Collect Samples

Mission Updates, Collect 6x Metallurgical Samples to determine if orbital scans were correct. Has a chance of spawning Indigenous Lifeform groups to defend the sample locations.

Result: First (or Last) Contact has been made with a new race. Blood has been spilled for the Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2010, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't mind something like "first contact" missions for Klingons. They would be more "First Conquest" missions, i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
Now hang on a second. If ya want that then go play fed but not klingon. We are conquerors not explorers.

The other thing is. Season 2 is not even on tribble yet ( perhaps itīs downloadable right now already....dunno cause Iīm at work) and the people start whining already.
I mean WTF is wrong with you?
8 missions is not much thats right but itīs a step into the right direction and weīll be getting more of this hopefully.
And yes of course the feds will be their main focus as itīs the majority ot the players base.
What I donīt like is how we have been treated till now but Iīm positively looking forward to season 2 and beyond.

Just donīt whine about a thing thats not even on air now.
1. having those soo much better than being forced to grind out nebula again after finishing the miniture update we are getting

2. why play fed when i have everything at fed side
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I wouldn't mind something like "first contact" missions for Klingons. They would be more "First Conquest" missions, i guess.
LOL! As a certain game character that never seems to age would say, "Peace through power!" Bonus points if you know the game and character