Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-07-2010, 03:03 AM
I don't know, but it sounds like something Kane (Command & Conquer) said.

Mustrum "needs 5 more bonus points for the super-cheap saucepan at only 15,99 " Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-07-2010, 03:07 AM
I dunno...Klingon diplomacy could be interesting.

"You are now subjects of the Empire!"
"We are simple people with a peaceful life. We want no part of some...warlike Empire!"

How do you proceed?

1) Kill a nearby villager, intimidate diplomat.
2) Order destruction of nearby city, intimidate diplomat.
3) Kill the diplomat, demand another more worthy to speak with.
4) Enough talk! We'll just kill them and take what we want!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
LOL! As a certain game character that never seems to age would say, "Peace through power!" Bonus points if you know the game and character
Kane in Fallout
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I don't know, but it sounds like something Kane (Command & Conquer) said.

Mustrum "needs 5 more bonus points for the super-cheap saucepan at only 15,99 " Ridcully
DING! To collect your bonus points all you have to do is take part in one of these carefully selected surverys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majosea View Post
Kane in Fallout
I'm not sure about that, I've only played Fallout 3, but I know it as Kane from Command & Conquer. The guy looks the same now as he did in the original game, it's creepy!
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
DING! To collect your bonus points all you have to do is take part in one of these carefully selected surverys...
Where do I have to enter my credit card data, Mr. Trustworthy Surveyor?

Quote:
I'm not sure about that, I've only played Fallout 3, but I know it as Kane from Command & Conquer. The guy looks the same now as he did in the original game, it's creepy!
And it's always the same actor!
Of course, C&C story spans a longer timeframe then the games publishing times, so it's not surprising.

Mustrum "Klingon Diplomacy isn't, but still a must" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyto View Post
No.

--Arrive in System, Objective: Scan the Planet--

"Captain, Scans have revealed that this planet is very rich in duratanium and dilithium. We have been ordered to conquer it in the name of the Empire."

--Beam Down and "survey"

"Captain, our scouts have made contact with a indigenous race on this planet. They are inferior to us technologically, but could make worthy additions to the Empire. They may interfere with mining operations in the area."

Options:

1) Exterminate the indigenous race

Mission Updates, Eliminate 5 Groups of Indigenous Lifeforms; Destroy 5 Dwellings

2) Talk to Tribal Elders - "Diplomacy"

Mission Updates, Talk to Tribal Elders, options either lead to Exterminate the Indigenous Lifeforms OR Engage Elder in Ritual Combat. Ritual Combat has a chance of awarding one of the locals as a new BO.

3) Collect Samples

Mission Updates, Collect 6x Metallurgical Samples to determine if orbital scans were correct. Has a chance of spawning Indigenous Lifeform groups to defend the sample locations.

Result: First (or Last) Contact has been made with a new race. Blood has been spilled for the Empire.
I like the sound of this. I'm a Klingon not some Feddie peace-loving beatnick.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Well, let's also keep in mind that we have seen one Fed mission where "diplomacy" is hinted at. Over in the former RSE there is a world where a species decided to give up their tech, and centuries later both the Feds and Klingons are in talks for mining rights. There's no evidence that the K.E.F. (Klingon Expeditionary Force) killed anyone upon arrival, but, they did land a sizeable force to assure that they would not be easily interrupted (The Feds had to press the fire buttons/pull the triggers on their weapons and shoot through the Klingon Warriors to get there, regardless of how easy the player thinks it was.). So, we do know the Klingons have diplomacy of a sort, despite what some players refuse to see.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Taken from dstahl's season 2 list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
(....)* Level 51 ship rewards (Retrofit Galaxy, Intrepid, Defiant, Fek'ihri)
I am not seeing any new Klingon ship(s) refits
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
The new ships are turned off at the moment. I think they are adding stuff in as they get the bugs fixed that brought the alpha down, so little by little we will get it all, and hopefully before the 15th.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
Taken from dstahl's season 2 list:

I am not seeing any new Klingon ship(s) refits
Fek'ihri battle ship for kligons been added