Lt. Commander
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Entire thread on this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euclid-Fugazi
Entire thread on this.
its only two posts down on the main board as well
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
its only two posts down on the main board as well
I know; this is one of the few times repeating a topic is warranted...because this IS that important.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 03:14 AM
As the Cryptic community rep guy has already commented on this, i'll quote.

Quote:
=Stormshade;This isn't something we're planning on doing any time soon.

Also, this forum is for discussing Star Trek Online, not WoW, so I'm going to close this one down.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2010, 03:16 AM
with all the identity theft out there this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivon View Post
I know; this is one of the few times repeating a topic is warranted...because this IS that important.
well thats your opinion, but the rules in the forum are not to create multiple threads it would be better to keep it all in one place. their rules, not ours. it also does not help people trying to navigate the boards if everybody just starts up threads on the same topic.

they have already said in yet another thread that got closed down on the same topic that they have no intention of doing that

if they change their minds and decide to do it, then it worth arguing the point because it is important. there's not much point having two or three threads talking about the same issue that they already agree with us.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
As the Cryptic community rep guy has already commented on this, i'll quote.
That's the issue "anytime soon"

IT
SHOULD
NEVER
BE
DONE
'PERIOD'

That's like saying "oh I won't go on a mass-murder spree anytime soon". Because you said "anytime soon" instead of "never" I have to wonder if you've already contemplated the act.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
The official forums have always been a great place to discuss the latest info on our games, offer ideas and suggestions, and share experiences with other players -- however, the forums have also earned a reputation as a place where flame wars, trolling, and other unpleasantness run wild. Removing the veil of anonymity typical to online dialogue will contribute to a more positive forum environment, promote constructive conversations,
Well, it would make the forums far more civil.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu64 View Post
Well, it would make the forums far more civil.
Or, they could just remove the forums...use Unique names like here Ivon@AccountName would work to...but no. this happened

Props to Cryptic for thinking ahead on the Multi-character; Single-friend issue....few MMOs seem to have thought of it.
Closed Thread