Lt. Commander
# 21
07-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Sounds like Blizzard is taking an extreme step to stave off forum griefing.
Yeah... They know that Cataclysm isn't going to be the Second Coming for them, and that it's going to tick a lot of people off due to fundamental changes that it's going to force on everyone, not just those who have reached max level and have done all the raids to death. They know that most people will not want their real identity out there, so they'll shove this through just prior to Cataclysm, and there will be much less screaming...
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-07-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Yeah... They know that Cataclysm isn't going to be the Second Coming for them, and that it's going to tick a lot of people off due to fundamental changes that it's going to force on everyone, not just those who have reached max level and have done all the raids to death. They know that most people will not want their real identity out there, so they'll shove this through just prior to Cataclysm, and there will be much less screaming...
Never played WoW, but ok.
I am curiuos to see how it works for them.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
So you're saying WoW is DOOOOOOOOMed?
cataclysm incoming much?
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Eh....who cares. It is their forum after all. I play WoW but I refuse to use Real ID. I simply will not post on their forums (not that i do that much anyway). If they make Real ID Mandatory in game then I will have issues.

Its not going to be there "NGE Moment". Those who post on forums are actually a small percentage of those who play the game. Some folks will rage quit but the majority will stay as long as it doe not become mandatory in game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
They arent going to save any subs with it either way. If people dont want their names put out there, they wont sub at all.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boscohark
Those who post on forums are actually a small percentage of those who play the game.
Yeah, but the issue with WoW is ... they have such a well publicized and HUGE population number that even a small percentage of that population is still a large number of people.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivon View Post
I know; this is one of the few times repeating a topic is warranted...because this IS that important.
No it's not. We're not doing it. Stay in one thread.
Closed Thread