Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ker'rat is the closest thing we have to open PvP and I increasingly see people from both sides "hanging out" there... moreover, the Broken Planetoid in Ker'rat has become the default "duelling square" where people meet to fight 1 vs 1... and much hilarity ensues when the instance resets in the middle of a duel, suddenly dumping contestants and observers alike into the maelstrom of Ker'rat's joint initial spawn point.

But given that we have so few modes of PvP, it really is unacceptable that Ker'rat is so buggy, filled with cubes impaled bizarrely on nodes and un-target-able borg spheres and probes which can nevertheless themselves magically fire through geometry.

Ideally we need a properly designed open PvP area rather than just the impromptu one we have with Ker'rat, and we need Ker'rat to actually work sensibly rather than the non-euclidean clip-o-rama we have at the moment... dear Devs, those collision boxes need some serious work!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. I've been taking a break from the game for awhile, and when I returned I focused on leveling my Tactical alt to RA5. Once I got there, I naturally started up my dailies again. I was shocked this morning to see that this war zone is STILL a buggy mess.

I recall a patch very shortly after launch that tried to address this, but I haven't heard anything since. A fix is LONG overdue for this. It seems like atleast 80% of the Borg ships in the area are bugged out. They can fire at you when they are stuck in encryption nodes , but you can't fire on them. It's ridiculous and frustrating.

PLEASE fix this Cryptic, or atleast give your players some sign that you are aware of the problem and are working on it. This should have been taken care of months ago...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
But given that we have so few modes of PvP, it really is unacceptable that Ker'rat is so buggy, filled with cubes impaled bizarrely on nodes and un-target-able borg spheres and probes which can nevertheless themselves magically fire through geometry.
It's a long, long, long standing series of bugs in that zone. I'd love to see them fixed.

Quote:
Ideally we need a properly designed open PvP area rather than just the impromptu one we have with Ker'rat, and we need Ker'rat to actually work sensibly rather than the non-euclidean clip-o-rama we have at the moment... dear Devs, those collision boxes need some serious work!
I've come around to the usefulness of more "open" PVP areas. It took me 2 solid weeks of PVP play. But now I get it.

And yeah, fixes for Ker'rat would be an amazing step 1.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Functioning Nuetral Zones for the win!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I agree, Ker'rat needs fixing. But maybe the don't do it because it's still highly frequented despite all its flaws?

Or the problem is not actually Ker'rat, but their collosion detecting system or whatever is responsible to get this right. That seems almost more likely (look at the Borg Cubes in the Gamma Orionis Sector Defense missions). And this requires work on the foundations of their engines, not just one map.

My best suggestion in that case would be - create another War Zone, Cryptic - some where the NPCs don't have to be that close to guard stationary objects! Or fix it by having the Borg fly patrol routes instead of guarding individual nodes. (That would add another interesting tactical element - timing your approach so that no patrol is near a node.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Functioning Nuetral Zones for the win!
^^ This!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-08-2010, 12:08 PM
I agree expecially about the broken planet. Just wish I had a little more control on which instance i zoned into.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Kerrat needs fixing now! Dont wait for the translation, answer me now!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm not so sure what's so hard to fix about Kerrat. It just seems like its an issue of where the NPC Borg spawn. Just move them further away from the nodes; if Cryptic has to, add an extra probe here and there so it's harder for people to sneak up to a node due to moving the spawn points further away.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Here are a few screenshots of the spheres stuck in the structures in the ker'rat system.

http://www.mrtus.net/sto/screenshot_...8-18-08-57.jpg <-- There is one stuck on the side, and one moving inside of the structure.

http://www.mrtus.net/sto/screenshot_...8-18-09-08.jpg <-- Same stuck one on the side.

http://www.mrtus.net/sto/screenshot_...8-18-10-48.jpg <-- Again same stuck one on the side, as you can see it is a constant.

http://www.mrtus.net/sto/screenshot_...8-18-09-51.jpg <-- You can see that the spheres are rather "Attached" to that structure. They don't like to move very far away from it.

http://www.mrtus.net/sto/screenshot_...8-18-09-40.jpg <-- Its almost as if they like to slide all over it.

This happens every for every map reload for this system.