Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
And they've been "aware" of this one for ages, it just never seems to come up as the priority for whoever's assigned to fix it.
They seem to enjoy us suffering. This has been reported to Crytpic numerous occassions by forum and by ticket. There were no real need for the screen shots that stormshade needed other than make people jump through hoops.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Agreed. This must be fixed. Please. Not just for the Open PvP portion (which we need a dedicated zone for Open PvP, and please open Andoria to ground dueling, while you're at it).

Problems as noted above: Borg stuck in objects, firing through objects, being untargetable themselves (while able to shoot you).

But I also seem to have noticed in there that sometimes the Borg can shoot further than 10k. This specifically seems to be the case when they're shooting at you, you move away, get past 10k and yet they're are still fresh rounds coming at you. And since you're in red alert, it's difficult to get away. I've seen it upwards of 15k range before they stop shooting. Can anyone else confirm this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Thanks for the info guys, and thanks mrtus and Ezhno for posting those screens.

I'm going to get this looked at for you all. No eta on a fix yet, but this is progress!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Well, that's something. Please do fix StormShade.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it would be nice if we could ground-duel on Andoria. Possibly have another ground dueling area for Klingons, too. Honestly, I wish there was a space zone with very little in it-- no objectives or anything-- but "open PVP" where anyone could come and duel.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Open PvP "Neutral Zone" --- which, total misnomer, it should be anything BUT neutral !! anyway....

IF they ever get Fleet starbases (I know I know I know....don't hold my breath) perfect area for someone who 'raids' your base becomes attackable. So sure, you can raid all the bases you want. Catch is...now everyone can take a swipe at you. And if you want to go a-raiding - ya gotta go in the Neutral Zone and make yourself a target.

Oh...and damage applies, just like elite settings. So if you want to get on with your bad self, you certainly can. But you never know who you are about to run into!

Open dueling - have a system or two (or starbase or two for ground) where if you go in, elite settings apply,
and friend/foe has little meaning other than who you point your weapons banks at. This time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Borg in nodes fixed on Tribble as of July 9.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
After all these months... I call ********. But I'm still heading out there to check, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Borg in nodes fixed on Tribble as of July 9.
Could this be the miracle we have all been waiting for? I am heading to tribble karret right now!!!
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-09-2010, 11:48 PM
I went there myself with my galaxy x and checked out all the nodes.

I did not find one glitched borg inside any of the nodes.

It has been fixed.

YAT-TA!! *Chun-Li jump*
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-10-2010, 06:56 AM
The other thing that bothers me is the "log out" trick that I've seen people flying the "U F O" tag on their ships use where they will do that while dead, and when they log back in and revive, they are perma-netural no matter how many times the zone resets. (If it's not log out, it's something similar.. such as joining a PVP match, going to your bridge.. what ever)

The Borg getting stuck in the pylons is annoying. But I'm glad that I'm not the only one getting tired of this. I mean it's not like the entire zone of Ker'rat hasn't been like this since.. oh.. I don't know.. Open Beta? Oh wait.. yeah it has.. >.>

And then there's the Reset we're all on the Klingon spawn site.. Yeah that is cool when we're even teams, but when it's 8 v 2 Klingons.. not so much fun..

And let's not forget the fact that the Feds seem capable of "zerging" the zone and winning it in.. oh.. 5 minutes? Maybe less some days?

All in all, I think the entire Neutral zone should be one big Open PVP area, with the planets being smaller sections leaving only Ganalda and K-7 as well defended positions with their own automated ships/turrets and station defenses..
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Those UFO guys are Gold Farmers that people keep reporting, but Cryptic apparently is looking the other way.

They farm Borg Hunt for blues, sell them on the exchange, then they sell the credits online.

As for Borg Hunt itself, the nodes may be fixed, but the zone is still a disaster and surely will be bugged again somehow.