Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Probably covered once before, but meh... good convo starter.

Try and limit it to like three or four and supply pics if you can.

I have a few choices that I'd import if I could.

Keeping in mind that a shield able to adapt to energy weapons would probably do jack dookie against keinetics (as evidenced by the raw damage a Bat'leth does to the Borg) I'd have two selections that would be always with me to fight them.

Morita MK 5 MI Issue Assault Rifle With it's heavy 9.8MM rapid fire AP rounds and optional under-slung Shotgun and high ammo capacity this baby in an open area would annihilate the individuality impaired.

For those pesky close quarters on a ship scenario she has a little sister.

Morita Mk5-K Officer/Pilot Issue Carbine. Lacks the shotgun but has a much higher rate of fire and ammo capacity and was used in it's home Canon of Starship Troopers as a survival weapon for Pilots and a short arm for Officers. In the CQC environment of a Cube or Sphere, this would be a rototiller.

For everyday non-use specifically against the Borg I'd have.

C-10 Canister Rifle, Ghost Op's Issue. Star Craft's Ghosts used these as their workhorse, smooth-bore 144 armor-piercing and exploding rounds that could hit up to a mile away with little or no noise and with a rifle so powerful it needs stabilizer pistons and a muzzle break to prevent the killing of it's user. Also capable of calling down strike packages (nukes included) and firing EMP and Lockdown missiles from the same barrel as it's standard ammo, these missiles are capable of even neutralizing an enemy vessel.

and last but not least at my side always.

M6SD SoCOM Pistol In it's native canon a one-hit killer and nearly perfectly silent and disturbingly accurate.

Now. How about you guys, any weapons you would want if you could have absolutely anything in game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Well as far as ship weapons I am going to have to go with the Yamato Cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfvXx...=youtube_gdata

And for a ground weapon its gonna have to be the BFG 9000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLQUpwPEqA
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2010, 03:12 PM
A small framed .357 like this one from Smith & Wesson. great size for small hands, light weight at 22.2 oz. Don't see a nice nickle plate though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Godwyn Pattern Bolter. Fires a .75 caliber rocket accelerated round with a Diamantine Tip that can penetrate all but the heaviest armors. Once the round penetrates it will explode with devastating results.

Failing that, a bolt pistol would work nicely as well.

A shotgun of some kind.

Power Swords.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2010, 03:39 PM
The Godwyn seems like it is firing roughly the same round as my C-10 (save Caliber difference), also looks oddly like the C-14 Impaler Rifle. from Star Craft.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
The Godwyn seems like it is firing roughly the same round as my C-10 (save Caliber difference), also looks oddly like the C-14 Impaler Rifle. from Star Craft.
You got that backwards. The Bolter goes back to 1987, beating out even the Original ******** by 7 years and Starcraft by 11.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2010, 03:53 PM
The Quantum Burst from EF2
http://www.ritualistic.com/screens/f.../030416_03.jpg

It was pretty nice attention to detail in EF2, they even had an animation of an authentic looking micro-quantum torpedo being loaded into the barrel in between firing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
A trusty lightsaber

beam and bolt weapons aimed at me? blocked and deflected!
bat'leths? lolz /cut /cleave
Justin Bieber's music? crap, I'm defenseless... the pain, the agony!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Barret .50

Exploding Sheep from Worms

Anthrax hand grenades

Suicide Bombers (Red Shirts)
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-07-2010, 08:35 PM
A lightsaber :p